Summary of Position:
Partners with Network Services Manager to lead, maintain and optimize a large enterprise network. The infrastructure consists of a mix of networkswitches, routers, wireless access points, firewalls, load balancers and cloud network/application services. The Network Operations Engineer operates and maintains some or all of these components while ensuring an uptime of 99.99%. This position will be tasked with the day-to-day operation of Lennar networkinfrastructure and would play a supporting role for larger projects, such as expansions and capacity upgrades. In addition, this role will focus on process improvement, operational excellence, design/architecture, R&D, and standardization, etc.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Will function in a customer-facing role and therefore expected to be approachable and service minded.
- Provide Tier 3 engineering support during critical operational incidents as necessary.
- Support the architecture team during the transition into production.
- Maintains current networkinfrastructure and leverages the manufacturer for advanced support.
- Maintains high network availability for redundancy and resilience.
- Understands and accounts for peak load; manages peak load events.
- Follows Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) for operational efficiency.
- Optimizes, implements and monitors network performance.
- Maintains and reacts to Enterprise-grade network monitoring system.
- Assists in the deployment of network equipment for new office build outs, domestically and internationally.
- Assists in the deployment of WANcircuits, including MPLS VPN’s and P2P/IPsec circuits.
- Supports the LAN and WLANinfrastructure for campus and remote office locations.
- Manage the enterprise firewalls, administering the filters and rules for network access.
- Review and auditrouter ACL’s for user access.
- Helps with securityaudits of the network system and improves the security posture.
- Manages the wireless infrastructure, from implementation and optimization to daily operational support.
- Tests disaster recovery setups both on a global and on a site-by-site basis.
- Support and resolve PCI and SOX compliance regulations as related to the Lennar global network.
- Will use project lifecycle methodology including the creation of project plans, charters, budgetary estimates, and network documentation. Recommend and lead changes to project methodology as appropriate.
- Coordinate other technical and PM resources to deliver solutions that follow best-practice standards.
- Participate in strategic planning process and assist with managing strategic vendor relations.
- Participate in team initiatives with other engineers for new technology introductions / deployments, and establishing standard architectures that align with best practice principles
- Provide and update training materials and documentation.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, and Mathematics or a related discipline, or equivalent work experience in operations, influencing technology selection and projects,
- Minimum 5+ years proven experience in large global enterprise network environment performing
- Minimum 5+ years of technical operations experience a plus