Role and Responsibilities
This role is required to lead the Network operations team within our Engineering Services organization. The team is comprised of TAC Services, Tier2 Services, Training, and Maintenance Window Activities Services. In this role, you will manage a staff of sixty members that are responsible for supporting 4G/5G network operations for all customers in the US. Additionally, you will oversee all aspects of Samsung network products that helps meet customer requirements as per the SLAs in the commercial contract. The role provides leadership to manage all aspects of Samsung Network Services, RFI & RFP responses, 24x7 Network Support, root cause analysis, Cell OOS assurance, resource planning, task assignment, tracking deliverables, and risk management to ensure Samsung network's uptime.
Specific responsibilities include:
- End-to-end responsibilities to ensure Samsung 4G and 5G products (4G DU, 5G RU, 5G DU, Call Trace Analytics, Virtual EMS, and virtual RAN) are Operational in customer commercial network. This means, it requires to lead services members to ensure 24x7 commercial network operation.
- Ensure Cell Unavailability is within the SLAs defined. Propose stop-gap solutions for Sev1 and Sev2 outages within the contractual SLAs, ensure commercial network operation and service for open tickets and engagement with various customers organizations located in their respective locations.
- Ensure overall project plans, which includes but not limited to commercial roll out of software, network availability consistent with contractual SLAs, head-count resource planning are consistent with customer commitments, and customer contractual service deliverables are fully met.
- Leading commissioning and integration of Samsung solution in customer networks as per the contractual commitments and ensuring targets are met to enable revenue recognition
- Responsible for RFP and RFI responses, FRD Responses, development of commercial enhancements and robustness requirements, feature requirements, systems and performance analysis, conduct deep-dive customer sessions, new technology introduction of virtualized networks.
- Overall end-to-end responsibility for Samsung commercial network performance to meet defined customer end-user KPIs.
- Travel to the customer and field locations will occur as necessary to perform job functions: up to 25%
- Subject Matter Expert in driving the technical solutions to customer through complex organizational dynamics
- Leveraging your ability to communicate effectively with all levels of organization as well as HQ partners on initiatives
Excellence Dealing with Ambiguity
- Bringing your experience in problem solving and ability to navigate complex organizations with pivotal shifts
Skills and Qualifications
Background & Competencies Required:
- Bachelor's Degree is EE/CS is required; Advanced degree is beneficial
- Minimum of 15 yrs. of industry experience in wireless is required
- 15 years' experience with wireless networks, architecture and protocols
- 5 years of experience with leading network operations including Tier1 and Tier2 groups
- Experience leading team of engineers
- Experience in Automation & Orchestration frameworks (i.e.: knowledge in the ETSI MANO specifications, OASIS TOSCA, ONAP)
- Experience with SW development is beneficial
- Understanding of HW as well as SW architecture
- Experience in managing 24x7 support structure and ensuring support SLAs are met
- Strong knowledge in LTE and network architecture specifically focused on Radio Access Network
- Strong knowledge of 3GPP systems: RAN, architecture and protocols
- Experience with OAMP/FCAPS subsystem design and development in wireless networks
- Understanding of Wireless Call processing blocks
- Exposure to High Availability and redundancy systems
- Understanding of Netconf protocol, YANG models & Restful API's.
- Expertise in system performance, KPI measurement, and Parameter Analysis
- Experience with performance analysis and troubleshooting the issues
- Ability to troubleshoot issues and get into technical discussions within Samsung and with customer