The Network Operations Center Specialist III performs Tier 3 support in the Network Operations Center as a trained operator using established policies and procedures to accomplish recurring tasks and respond swiftly to outages within the production environments. This person shall be energetic, customer service oriented, and technically talented to provide support in a 24x7x365 dynamic and fast-paced environment. This position is offered in the San Luis Obispo, CA office as a full-time non-exempt employee.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS:
- 3+ years working with hardware and application performance monitoring using multiple applications.
- 3+ years Windows server administration experience.
- Expert knowledge of Windows platforms.
- Expert knowledge of virtualized computing concepts and operation.
- Expert knowledge of networking theory and infrastructure.
- Perform under pressure within a time sensitive environment while managing multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Able to work extended hours under considerable pressure, including holidays, night shifts and weekends, as scheduled and/or necessary.
- Creative problem solving skills with strong quantitative, analytical, and conceptual thinking skills.
- An affinity for providing exceptional customer service and continuous improvement.
- BS in Computer Science or Information Technology
- Must possess one of the following: CCNA, MCSA Windows Server, MSCA SQL Server, MTA Server Administration, MTA Security Fundamentals or have 5 years’ relevant work experience in an Enterprise Operations Center.
- ITIL Certification
- Networking, virtualization, or desktop administration certifications preferred.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Tier 3 support for P1 and P2 incidents assigned dedicated to restoring services to our users as quickly and efficiently as possible.
- Work with Engineering team and DEV to establish resolution focusing on first time fix
- Escalation for Tier 1 & 2 support team in collaboration for incident resolution.
- Respond according to service levels to incidents through phone calls, email and alerts.
- Documents or updates operational procedures based on best practices and trains Tier 1 & 2 staff on relevant work flows.
- Monitors and manages all production systems and services, taking steps to improve performance, reliability or uptime as directed and per established policies and procedures. Analyzes trend data in order to take preemptive actions to prevent outages from occurring and allocated physical and virtual resources as necessary.
- Solves problems using established decision making trees, utilizing monitoring systems to respond to alarms or conditions that may require action to avoid impact to the customer's experience.
- Performs basic system administration duties including OS patching and upgrades, batch job monitoring, system and hardware diagnostics, and other activities to ensure optimal health and performance of all systems as required.
- Acts as a first responder to all alerts and problem reports while managing communications between departments and handling crisis documentation and dissemination after the fact.
- Assists senior level staff with operational tasks as needed, such as performing data backups and data restores, user account management, and software installation and configuration. Ensures technology and regulatory standards are implemented by maintaining records on repairs, downtime, changes, and updates.
- Participates in operational health reviews, service monitoring and notification discussions, service portfolio reviews, and ongoing process improvement assignments as needed.
- Provides excellent customer service to internal clients and communicates effectively with management, team leaders, and other team members within the department.