Our staff provides cyber security support to the Department of Energy National Nuclear Security Administration.
Criterion Systems is seeking to hire a Network Operations Center (NOC) Analyst to support a government customer in Las Vegas, Nevada. The candidate will be part of a Service Desk / Network Operations team working in a 24x7x365 environment. The position requires interaction with cyber security personnel at customer sites, various levels of management, and outside agencies. Position can include up to 10% travel, local and nationwide. Applicant must be a positive, flexible, self-starter requiring minimal supervision, and able to excel in a fast-paced environment. Communication skills are critical with the ability to verbalize and provide documentation to both technical and non-technical audiences. Applicants must be detail-oriented and have the ability to multi-task effectively.
- This position requires shift work based on 24x7x365 operations.
- Support the current reporting of weekly and monthly enterprise metrics.
- Follow up on technical issues with Operations engineering team and all stakeholders in resolution process.
- Support accurate updates of service tickets and tracking problems to resolution.
- Maintain enterprise customer point of contact information.
- Provide initial remote troubleshooting, analysis, and triage of reported events.
- Act as both an external and internal facing point of contact to facilitate handling of problem reports and escalate technical issues and communicate network status
- Support software and hardware issues and ensure stable system performance.
- Observe industry best practices, standards, and procedures.
- Support maintenance and monitoring of the system/server infrastructure to include patching, system upgrade, backup, and configuration.
- Tracking and documenting daily work tasks and issues and communicating them with the rest of the team.
- Receive and document subscriber site security incident reports, and communicate to appropriate parties.
- Assist in account management for internal users and external subscriber organizations.
- Perform certification and professional development training to remain current on technologies and to improve skill sets and efficiency.
- Update management on operational and staffing issues.
- This position may require shift work.
- Develop and maintain workflows and standard operating procedures for the Service Desk / Network Operations Center.
- US Citizenship
- Active security clearance with SSBI investigation, DoD TS, or DOE Q equivalent security clearance.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or related engineering discipline.
- Bachelor's Degree can be substitute with 4 years of work experience in computer and information technology related field.
- Strong problem solving and root cause analysis skills
- Minimum of 2-3 years experience supporting Windows/UNIX/Linux enterprise environment
- Awareness and knowledge of the following technologies: Enterprise Linux, Microsoft Windows
- Customer service focus, and strong interface/communication skills
- Ability to ask relevant questions of customers and engineers in support of problem resolution.
- Ability to work independently with little supervision.
- Ability to follow procedures and work instructions to perform tasks
- Identify process gaps and proactively improve system inefficiencies
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to support shift work
- Compliance with DoD 8570 certification requirements for IAT-I within six months.