What you will be doing
Individuals within the IT leadership role have responsibility for activities that contribute to planning, creating and implementing an IT vision and strategy aligned with the company’s strategic business plan. This role also oversees the development of enterprise standards and technology initiatives, and the IT governance process. They manage small to large teams of people responsible for developing and delivering IT solutions for the business and customers. Each role within this role provides technical and business leadership to their organizations as well as to the business.
Working as a Network Manager in the Global Network Command Centre (GNCC) you’ll be responsible for the operation of the network infrastructure (routers, switches, wireless, firewalls, load balancers, WAN optimisers, Out-of-Band management, IPAM) across all business units of AmerisourceBergen. Members in this role must be able to work collaboratively with system users and other technical colleagues. Individuals work across all functional areas of the enterprise and use a strong client service orientation to ensure that all requests and problems are resolved in a professional manner. Successful members of the team will be process focused while providing good customer service to AmerisourceBergen IT teams and businesses.
IT Leaders are also responsible for analyzing trends in technology, assessing the impact of emerging technologies on the business, providing solutions to address technology and business issues, and managing financial resources while ensuring the development of high-quality technology solutions. These solutions must be developed at the best possible cost and be aligned with customer and business needs while establishing relationships with employees and key internal and external stakeholders.
What your background should look like (minimum qualifications)
- Supervision of Level 1 and 2 Network Engineers; prioritizing tasks, assigning work (based on skills) and verifying tickets are handled accordingly
- Notifications to appropriate stakeholders and communication to management on critical NOC events
- Provide proper shift turnover to incoming shift leveraging uniform standard process
- Network Operational issue remediation (Full escalation through Level 3 engineers)
- Act on alerts, escalated incidents, and daily change requests within SLAs
- Implement Change Requests for Network Infrastructure; Create/Validate script/config based on requirements
- Manages the development and implementation of IT initiatives to support business strategy.
- Manages the improvement processes that impact customer satisfaction and relationships.
- Owns the designated processes and is accountable for ensuring that established processes are followed.
- Ensures internal SLAs are met.
- Communicates organization information through department meetings, one-on-one meetings, and other communication vehicles.
- Supports an environment of open and upward communication with all staff to ensure positive employee morale, effective conflict resolution and upward flow of creative ideas for the benefit of the Company and its employees.
EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Business Administration, or other related field. Or equivalent work experience.
- Typically has 5 to 7 years of IT and business/industry work experience, with knowledge of one process/service.
- Requires experience in managing teams and building relationships with people at a variety of levels.
MINIMUM SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITY REQUIREMENTS:
- Expert knowledge of network design, solutions, and systems
- Demonstrated ability to formulate and execute business strategies to exceed operational expectations and further enhance the customer experience.
- Requires demonstrated ability to launch and deliver one or more IT project(s) on time and within budget.
- Understanding of business strategy and ability to translate strategy into system and technology solutions.
- Demonstrated “hands on” experience working in large-scale environments and tweaking business processes to support growth and productivity
- Demonstrated ability to lead change, able to take calculated risk and seeks continuous improvement
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing; ability to communicate with customers, associates and management; solid teamwork and interpersonal skills
- Strong time management and organisational skills
- Problem solving skills
- Ability to resolve conflicts
- Strong presentation skills; ability to present and discuss strategies and technical information in a manner that establishes rapport, persuades others, and gains understanding
- Ability to establish solid relationships with vendors in support of initiatives; ability to negotiate and manage outside vendors against deliverables.
- Solid project management skills including the ability to effectively deploy resources and manage multiple projects of various diverse scope in a cross-functional environment
- Knowledge of key technology standards around ITIL and service delivery
What AmerisourceBergen offers
We offer competitive total rewards compensation. Our commitment to our associates includes benefit programs that are comprehensive, diverse and designed to meet the various needs across our associate population.
- Healthcare for associates and eligible dependents, same-sex and domestic partners
- Paid time off, including vacations and holidays
- Paid volunteer time off
- Life insurance and disability protection
- Pet insurance
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Retirement benefits and more…
Throughout our global footprint and various business units, we take a balanced approach to the benefits we offer. Many benefits are company-paid, while others are available through associate contributions. Specific benefit offerings may vary by location, position and/or business unit.
AmerisourceBergen is a publicly traded Fortune 12 global healthcare solutions company and is one of the world's largest pharmaceutical services companies. Powered by our associates around the world, we provide pharmaceutical products and business solutions that improve access to care. We operate the backbone of the healthcare supply chain. We drive the future of local care delivery. We guide medical innovations to market. We create healthier futures.