The Network Operations Center (NOC) Analyst II performs technical analysis of system issues and outages as they occur across Safelite's enterprise. S/he troubleshoots and acts to resolve the issue or escalates to appropriate parties. The NOC Analyst may also perform basic system administration tasks such as network/system troubleshooting, patching operating systems and applications, and executing various scripts.The NOC Analyst conducts these activities in a 24x7x365 environment.
Find a career. Gain a family.
Safelite will be unlike any place you've ever worked. (This won't be just the daily grind!) You'll join caring and passionate teams that collaborate to make a difference, deliver extraordinary results and bring unexpected happiness. Every day. Your effort, heart and creative ideas will be valued and rewarded. And we care about your well-being. So, we'll strive to give you what you need to have a happy work/life balance.
- Perform basic troubleshooting to identify/isolate issue area, attempt to resolve, then escalate to appropriate technical teams/3rd party if not able to resolve within defined timeframe
- Monitor a wide variety of information and network systems that include, but are not limited to telecommunications circuits, data center, LAN/WAN systems, routers, switches, firewalls, VoIP systems, servers, storage, backup, operating systems and core applications and conduct basic system adminstration tasks to resolve
- Document all actions in accordance with standard company policies and procedures
- Conduct mainframe and AS/400 maintenance duties, including resolving scheduling problems and related dependencies.
- For evening/night shift, provide after-hours phone response to the Service Desk (Helpdesk) for Sev 1 and other service access related issues.
- Other duties assigned by manager
- 3+ years of relevant experience
- Bach Degree or equivalent of 4 years relevant experience
- User level understanding and experience with Windows, Linux OS, network hardware and protocols, network storage systems, and apache web servers.
- Experience in telecommunication, internet, or network operation center environments.
- Experience working with multiple monitoring systems and ability to visualize multiple inputs to single source correlation resulting in immediate resolution actions
- Excellent problem solving, analytical, communication and documentation skills
- Specific knowledge of Cisco ACS, WAN Optimization, VPN, and Internet Proxy Servers
- Proficient working in a dynamic operational center including receiving direction from multiple parties and correlating action items
- Highly proficient in troubleshooting theory
- Strong ability to prioritize dynamic tasks received during the work day
- Effectively communicates with users, IT professionals and team members typically reporting and discussing progress of projects/incidents
- A high proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel)
- Must be available to work a varied shift schedule in a 7 X 24 hour operations center environment.