Network Operations Center Analyst
Job Duties and Responsibilities Network Operations Center Analyst
Serve as a Network specialist responsible for managing, monitoring and troubleshooting the classified and non-classified IP and Transport Networks consisting of Cisco and Juniper routers, Optical cross-connect platforms, Multi service provisioning platforms, IP and ATM switches, fiber/copper connectivity, Sun workstations, and miscellaneous network equipment. Supports the Defense Information Systems Agency (DISA) and Department of Defense global communications networks.
- Seeking all levels of candidates
- Troubleshoot and restore to service components of the IP and Transport Network.
- Familiar performing within a fixed price, performance-based environment where performance is based on pre-determined Service Level Agreement’s (SLA’s) or Acceptable Levels of Performance (ALP’s).
- Prepare required documentation, including both program-level and user-level documentation- Interface with functional users as well as remote operations centers in both routine and reactive monitoring situations.
- Maintains logs and records associated with reported problems or situations within their realm of
- Performs fault isolation and diagnostic/assessment functions to include: determination and execution of corrective action(s) on a real-time basis.
- Follow escalation policy
- Monitor security posture of the IP Network and report any suspected violations to designated authority
- This includes performing pro-active monitoring of network element alarms and alerts to identify those components/elements that may lead to or already are causing network degradation or failure.
- Executes all reporting functions and data input associated with network management.
- Performs operator level maintenance on all components/assets associated with network
- Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA) or Junos certification desired
- Must be knowledgeable on the following Network Management Systems: Remedy, HP OpenView, Silvx, Cisco Prime Optical, Netcool, INMS and associated assets.
- Familiar with network encryption devices to include SafeNet NSA Type I and Type III. Experience in one or more of the following Crypto devices: KG-340, KG-175A/D, KIV-7, KIV-19.
- Security+ce (DoD 8570 IAT Level II/Level III) (Required)
- Cisco Certifications
- Juniper Certifications
Security Clearance: Active SECRET or TOP SECRET security clearance (required to begin employment); US Citizenship is required.
Work schedule: Fixed Shifts
Work location: Pearl Harbor/Ford Island (Honolulu), Hawaii
Availability: Funded positions available to fill immediately for qualified candidates. This is a 7-yr contract through Oct2019.
POC: Mark Aschenbach, email@example.com , (703) 488-2073
Qualifications Requires Bachelor’s degree (in Computer Science or Management Information Systems) or equivalent, and two to four years of related (data center environment) experience.
Degrees Equivalent Experience/Education
Years of Experience 11-13 years w/High School Diploma
05-07 years w/Bachelors Degree
02-04 years w/Masters Degree