Description of Position:
- Maintains smooth operation of multi-user computer systems, including coordination with network engineers.
- Sets up administrator and service accounts, maintains system documentation, tunes system performance, installs system-wide software, and allocates mass storage space.
- Interacts with users and evaluates vendor products.
- Makes recommendations to purchase hardware and software, coordinates installation, and provides backup recovery.
- Develops and monitors policies and standards for allocation related to the use of computing resources.
- Operate, manage and monitor health and status of Record Message Systems and world-wide NSANet communications/hardware and software applications, troubleshoot and performs corrective action on LAN/CAN/WAN/Messaging devices, networks, systems, and related problems/issues, provides technical expertise and direction to contractor staff members and for the optimal performance and configuration of complex large-scale computer integrated networks/messaging systems at NSAW, to include the processing, management, and monitoring of the distribution of Record and CRITIC Messages throughout the Intelligence Community. Monitor and manage the operation of the NSANet networks, and NEWSSTAND, NEWSDEALER, Message Correction System, AVENUE, Defense Global Warning System, AMHS Report and Message Processor Messaging Systems, Messaging Bridge points, JWICS, CAT II, and NGC Detrick and related equipment/tools, (Matrix Switch, Smartgard, etc.).
- Oversee installation of new services to ensure compliancy with previously established processes and capabilities.
- Oversee network and messaging operation center.
- Orchestrate/monitor the maintenance/repair action of networks/systems/outages.
- Coordinates/corresponds with all responsible users and sites on network and messaging health and status issues.
- Supervises contractor staff.
Education and Experience Required:
- Initiative to learn
- Experience identifying network related problems, and orchestrating/monitoring maintenance/repair actions of networks/systems/outages
- CCNA REQUIRED
- Network/server experience
- Active Directory
- One of the following DoD approved certifications is necessary to meet the category/level IAT-2 (DoD 8570) requirement for this position:
- Security+, GSEC, SSCP, CCNA-Security, CISA, CISSP (or Associate), CASP, GCIH, or GCED. NOTE: this certification requirement must be completed before an individual can join the task.
- Per the contract, a CCNA certification is also required for this specific position.
- Must be able to respond to call-ins, via a rotating call-in schedule.
- Desired: Master's degree plus 3 years of experience OR a Bachelor's plus 5 years.