Parallon believes that organizations that continuously learn and improve will thrive. That's why, after more than a decade, Parallon remains dedicated to helping hospitals and hospital systems operate knowledgeably, intelligently, effectively and efficiently in the rapidly evolving healthcare marketplace, today and in the future.
Parallon's purpose is simple. We serve and enable those who care for and improve human life in their communities.
The Network Manager assures that the Patient Account Services obtains maximum benefits from information systems network integration. The manager promotes teamwork to meet organizational goals and objectives. The manager maintains PC Network and Servers to provide maximum systems availability and performance. The manager supervises help desk employees, floor techs, and system administrators.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Assist in the implementation of Information Systems at the Patient Account Services. Implementation is to include interfaces to all appropriate mainframe and networked systems.
- Support day-to-day Information Systems network and server integration
- Assist Network Manager in support of end users (400 ) with ongoing IT&S needs (PCs, Networking, Email, Electronic Report Distribution, Help Desk Support, etc.)
- Assist in development of training programs for new equipment and software applications
- Maintain LAN to provide maximum systems availability and performance (user maintenance, application software installation, network monitoring, network performance issues)
- Ensure Corporate Compliance Standards relating to hardware / software licensing are met
- Identify opportunities for greater efficiencies through process improvement, systems integration and assist in implementation of these solutions.
- Practice and adhere to the “Code of Conduct” philosophy and “Mission and Value Statement”
- Other duties as assigned
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES - This position requires the following minimum requirements:
- Organization - proactively prioritizes needs and effectively manages resources
- Communication - communicates clearly and concisely
- Customer orientation - establishes and maintains long-term customer relationships, building trust and respect by consistently meeting and exceeding expectations
- Policies & Procedures - articulates knowledge and understanding of organizational policies, procedures and systems.
- PC skills - demonstrates proficiency in Microsoft Office applications and others as required
- Technology Management - demonstrate superior knowledge of interface support, LAN and network equipment and software.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor's Degree in Information Systems or related field
- Equivalent work experience may substitute degree requirement
- Minimum 2-4 years' technical and managerial experience in Information Technology and Services including network and server management
- Experience with HCA systems preferred