As a trusted partner to our client, Corus360 is looking for a Network Engineer for a full time opportunity in West Georgia.
This person’s primary purpose is to plan, organize, and manage staff to ensure the stable operation of the organization’s networkinfrastructure. This includes developing, maintaining and optimizing key network infrastructure and associated application delivery. The Network Manager will also schedule and manage activities to resolve network incidents and problems in a timely and accurate manner. The position will also be required to manage projects.
The purpose of this job is to provide the professional and management capability to operate and supervise the company-wide IT network and evolution such as:
- Assumes ownership of and provides overall direction for the dedicated functions within the Information Technology Services department
- Responsible for the overall development of the culture and capability of their constituent organizations
- Provides technology roadmap for key technology areas and lead forward thinking efforts within group to best support business needs
- Provides senior technical expertise to IT and the enterprise for the processes within their domain
- Charters, empowers and reviews the activities of process improvement teams to identify potential areas where existing policies and procedures require change, or where new ones need to be developed and deployed
- Maintains working relationships with Senior and Executive Management personnel throughout the company
- Manages data as a corporate resource in ensuring its integrity, security, availability and independence.
- Monitor service contracts between the corporation and external partners within domain
- Review the catalog of services and coordinate with business leaders to provide adequate support
- Review the portfolio of IT support contracts, budget & billing.
The manager will also be responsible for the sharing and implementation of the best practices defined for these technologies. As such this person plays a key role in the achievement of low cost and effective IT services through the rigorous use of standards and practices.
Qualifications and Experience Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in technology discipline with seven to ten years’ progressive experience in IT or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Heavy experience with Cisco technology
- Proficient experience maintaining and managing a global network
- Knowledge of marketplace, emerging technologies and industry players.
- Understanding of ITIL processes.
- Have a good understanding of manufacturing, organization, geography and culture.
- Has the ability to manage large deployment projects: $1M , multi-location, involving both internal and external resources.
- Must be able to structure, articulate and present technologyinvestment opportunities, technology standards and best practices.
- Requires managerial experience in dealing with external suppliers, defining and tracking contracts.