The Network Manager will manage the day-to-day and strategic activities within the IT group. The Network Manager assists the IT Director in planning, budgeting, configuration, and technical training of personal computers and computer networks for individual departments. Provides technical support, installation, maintenance, and software training support. Monitors/develops procedures for personal computer and network management.
What you'll do
Key Performance Competencies
- Communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Problem solving
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide feedback and coaching to team through regular communication and performance appraisals.
- Recruit, train, and develop direct reports.
- Monitor and control the initiation and progress of network development by overseeing the assembly of resources and work plans to appropriate work schedules in order to meet business objectives and priorities.
- Develop instructional programs and conduct training for computer users in one-on-one and/or classroom settings concerning the use of PC and software applications.
- Support users with technical advice and problem resolution.
- Ensure that expenses incurred for personal computers and networking does not exceed budgetary limits and that items purchased are standard and are validated by the IT Steering Committee.
- Keep accountability and assure the accuracy of automation equipment inventory, replacement and repair parts inventory, and hardware and software agreements
- Plan and maintain all networks of PC’s, Server’s and Gaming Systems. Design, install, and maintain all automation systems to include movements, temporary loans and leases of automation equipment and appropriate department management.
- Monitor the utilization of all networks to detect potential errors or problems and provide necessary prevention guidelines. Monitor networks to determine upgrade requirements and general utilization issues.
- Provide new application ideas to all areas of the company where new technology can be utilized to gain better efficiency and improve company productivity.
- Assist the Director in assuring all capital expenditure equipment and services are budgeted, scheduled on a fiscal basis, requested with proper justification and written for the approval of senior management.
- Maintain all records and documentation relating to the physical structure of the local and wide area networks including site plans.
- Maintain confidentiality and work cooperatively with all levels of staff.
- Comply with all gaming statutory obligations and company policy.
- Other duties & responsibilities as assigned.
- Extensive and thorough knowledge of data communications, wide area networking technologies, and management tools and utilities used in both local and wide area networking.
- Knowledge of computer maintenance, software support, network design, cabling, communications, and hardware selections installation.
- Well-developed interpersonal and communication skills, including the ability to communicate with end-users at all levels and with vendors.
- Demonstrated working knowledge and experience with IP telephony and telecommunications technology.
- Ability to understand technical manuals, online technical documentation, software specifications, and systems software operations.
- Willing to travel and participate in training as recommended or required.
Education, Training and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in IT, MIS, Computer Science or related field, or equivalent combination of education and demonstrated experience.
- 8 + years’ experience in a network environment, Windows Servers and/or other Windows Applications.
- 5+ years’ experience supervising or leading a team.
- Dell switching experience highly desired.
- Required Next generation firewall experience, prefer Palo Alto firewall experience.
- Preferred F5 experience.
- Certification as a Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer (MCSE) or equivalent certification a plus.
The physical demands described here are the representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully preform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Occasional lifting of 50 lbs. may be required.
- The ability to work for extended periods at a computer screen.
- Travel may be required.
This is a non-smoking office environment.
What we're looking for
World Leader in Gaming Entertainment
Robust benefits package
Global career opportunities
Our core values: Respect, Courage, Integrity and Passion
Our Winning Ways
- Unite - Come together as one team, with one vision
- Develop - Empower, inspire and grow our people
- Deliver - Execute with excellence, be accountable for results
- Play - Be creative, celebrate success