NCI: As an Network Management Engineering Systems Engineer - Senior, you will provide services in support of the U.S. Army Network Enterprise Technology Command (NETCOM). You will provide operational and technical engineering support for the implementation, testing, integration, interoperability, and sustainment of information technologies comprising NETCOM Enterprise capabilities. You will support engineering support, testing and technical support in the implementation of the Network Operations (NetOps) capabilities. Support government efforts in continued deployment of enterprise NetOps capabilities that directly support the Army's maturing transformation and modularity concepts, doctrine, architecture, and organizations. In assuming this position, you will be a critical contributor to meeting NCI's mission: To deliver innovative, cost-effective solutions and services that enable our customers to rapidly adapt to dynamic environments.
Highlights of responsibilities:
- Provide systems engineering to infuse NetMan NetOps technical capabilities into the Army's global Enterprise from the site level up, consisting of, but not limited to, NetScout, CA Spectrum® and eHealth®. Assist the Government in participating with all phases of the system development, planning, analysis, integration, testing and acceptance phases.
- Provide engineering designs, integration, testing, and sustainment to include integration with ITSM and NetOps.
- Research and analyze DoD and DA security standards to mitigate security vulnerabilities.
- Ensure NetMan servers and applications are scanned monthly to ensure Red Hat OS or application vulnerabilities are mitigated or remediated.
- Test various application functionality to include monitoring and managing.
- Support the system administration of all software in the NetMan suite of tools and coordinate efforts for system administrator-required tasks.
- Provide NetOps engineering support for the integration and sustainment of NetMan/NetOps tools and transitional operations associated with Network Management and Operations, and Network Performance Monitoring. Support CMDB and Industrial Test Program administration Manual (ITPAM) interface operations implemented for all RCC.
- Provide sustainment and CM of NetMan for multiple spirals of NetMan life cycle, i.e., one location may be in the engineering phase while another has transitioned to operations, and others are still in the planning stage. Coordinate and support remote and on-site implementations as required; coordinate activities with related capabilities and participate in cross-task teams as needed to support the overarching NetOps integration.
- Support physical moves of current NetMan operational infrastructure, e.g., moves from the DISA Green Space, and/or Regional Cyber Center (RCC) to potential future Army operated facilities. Support NetMan implementations, which expands NetMan to CONUS NECs. Support NetMan in a Distributed SpectroServer® implementation to support NetMan Tier 0.
- Provide Red Hat Linux OS support for the CM lab and integration of ITSM in support of O&M.
- Support re-engineering efforts required by integration to GNE AD, and other systems external to NetMan via approved data standards. These systems include, but are not limited to, Remedy/ITSM, SysMan, HBSS, ACAS/Tenable, and DoD Vulnerability Management System (VMS).
- Current Information Assurance (IA) certification (required at performance start date): IAT III (CASP CE, CCNP Security, CISA, GCIH, GCED, CISSP (or Associate)) / IASAE II (CASP CE, CISSP (or Associate), CSSLP). IA Certification Category and Level (IAW DoD 8570.10-M and BBP 05-PR-M-0002)
- Current Computing Environment (CE) certification (attainable within 6 months of performance start date): Microsoft Technology Associate (MTA), Windows Operating System Fundamentals or higher
- Clearance (required at performance start date): IT Level I (in accordance with AR 25-2) SECRET SSBI
- Bachelor's Degree 7 years experience
Preferred Education and Experience:
- Master's degree plus 5 years' experience or bachelor's degree with 10 years' experience. In Engineering or computer science degree in one of the following disciplines: Electrical, Computer, or Computer Science
This position requires the ability to perform the below essential functions:
- Sitting for long periods
- Ambulate throughout an office
- Travel by land or air transportation 25%.