As a Network Interface driver engineer you will participate in the design, development, document, testing, and maintenance of driver level software for network interface cards, embedded network controllers, and protocol offload devices.
- A major responsibility of this position will be to participate in all phases of the product development cycle from product definition, strategy and design, through implementation. This includes developing key specifications, interacting withinternal and external design partners, assessing task requirements and participating in system level bringup and debug.
- Testing and test automation
- Performance analysis
- Critical and/or high visibility customer support
- As part of a team, you will act as a technical advisor and resource to other engineers and across functions.
- You will work with suppliers, partners or other external parties in product design efforts..
The successful applicant should have a proven track record in delivering released products, a strong background in hardware/software interfaces, and be adept and developing and debugging in a low-level kernel software environment.
- In depth experience developing products based on IEEE 802.3 and 802.1 standards is highly desired
- Development experiencewith1GbE and 10GbE drivers is required.
- Development experiencewith40GbE and 100GbE technology is highly desired.
- Familiarity with Unix based operating system kernels and development environments, e.g. FreeBSD or Linux.
- Experiencewith software development and instrumentation used in early stages of hardware bringup is highly desired.
- Experienceworking with test frameworks that incorporate hardware and low-level software feature testing.
- Strong oral and written communication skills are essential.
- Ability to work collaborativelywithin a team environment and demonstrate strong influencing and leadership skills.
- Previous experience in a technical leadership role on a successful project is highly desired.
- Demonstrated ability to have completed multiple, complex technical projects.
Typically requires a minimum of 5years of related experiencewith a Bachelor?s degree; or 3years and a Master?s degree; or a PhDwithout experience; or equivalent work experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Vets/Disabled.