The Network Integration & Test (NIT) Engineer is responsible for the integration, deployment, and site acceptance testing of wired and wireless data communications system architectures and the implementation and execution aspects of product configuration, subsystem and system level testing, including test execution, defect analysis and reporting.
The NIT Engineer reports to the Senior Systems Engineer and utilizing the system requirements associated with the communication systems architectures, develop the appropriate approach to system integration, and develop and implement appropriate test strategies and perform site acceptance test plans for data communication solutions, both hardware and software, and system level projects implementing data communications solutions.
- Perform data communications system level integration and configurations
- Develop individual site configuration files
- Execute manual & automated test scripts: functional, performance, volume, etc.
- Assist with the development of test plans and procedures
- Identify, analyze, and document defects, questionable functions, errors, and inconsistencies in software program functions, outputs and content.
- Facilitate test plan instruction and review meetings with field service technicians and installers
- Oversee individual site and system level acceptance testing
- Communicate project status to project team and management.
- Assemble and wire test racks and equipment for product and system level testing
- Support requiredtravel for field support and customer Factory Acceptance Testing
- Perform duties either as an individual or in a Group setting
- Execute test scripts and take system performance measurements on wired and wireless data communications systems
- Operate test tools that may include, but not be limited to laptop computers, Wireshark network monitor tools, RF Test equipment and multimeters
- Inspect and support site acceptance testing in field, office and locomotive locations.
- Bachelors of Science Degree in Information Sciences or electricalengineering from a recognized educational institute
- Cisco CCNA Certification (desired, but not required)
- Minimum 3 years of experience in the application of data communications products in the rail transportation industry
- 3+ years of application / product testing.
- Experience and understanding of computer systems and database management to perform and record product testing
- An understanding of general network design principles including TCP/IP and UDP.
- Proficiency in Microsoft™ Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Visio to support the development of Test Plans and Documentation
- High degree of attention to detail.
- Effective oral communication skills; ability to articulate clearly and concisely.
- Self-motivated, quick learner, and results-oriented with a clear focus on quality.
- Able to work within minimal direction.
- Fluent in both written and spoken English.
- Must be able to secure a U.S. Passport
- Valid state issued Driver’s License