We are looking for Network F5 Load Balancing Engineer for our client in Wayne, PA?
Job Title: Network F5 Load Balancing Engineer
Job Location: Wayne, PA
Job Type: Contract - 12 Months / Contract to Hire / Direct Hire
- To provide senior level services focusing on designing, installing, configuring, and integrating F5 network technologies.
- Provides project leadership for design and installation projects using standard technologies.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides senior level network services, including installing, configuring, and integrating network
- technologies. Obtains quotes and justifies business need. Identifies stake holders and forms project team. Conducts functional testing and provides recommendations based on the results. Verifies installations meet production acceptance standards.
- Participate in content delivery environment build activities including creation of virtual servers, profiles, encryption policies, and iRules based on customer requirements.
- Configure Global Traffic Manager services and policies
- Configure Access Policy Manager services and policies using two-factor authentication.
- Provides senior level Tier 3 network services for complex issues elevated from Tier 2 support groups. Identifies failing components.
- Provides senior level network design and debugging services to development teams. Works closely with developers to implement reliable, manageable, and secure solutions that meet Vanguard standards and add value to the clients
- Identifies performance issues, interprets trends (e.g., traces of network traffic), and implements improvements.
- Writes documentation, including policies and procedures. Creates diagrams, including network designs.
- Adds, updates, and closes records in the IT Problem Management and Change Management databases.
- Trains and mentors staff. Conducts formal training sessions, one-on-one sessions, and recommends training vendors. Troubleshoots and resolves complex issues.
- Completes capacity planning activities, including monitoring and tracking capacity metrics. Initiates actions to prevent degradation caused by capacity issues.
- Identifies opportunities to automate manual system tasks.
- Thoroughly understands and complies with IT policies and procedures, especially those for quality and productivity standards that enable the team to meet established client service levels. Thoroughly understands and complies with Information Security policies and procedures.
- Participates in special projects and performs other related duties as assigned.
Education & Experience:
- Undergraduate degree in a related field or the equivalent combination of training and experience.
- Five years' network technician experience.
- Previous experience with F5 global and local load balancing, iRule creation, SSL and persistence profiles
- Working understanding of code and scripting (Python, PowerShell, Rest API)
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, including presentation skills.
- Strong analysis and problem solving skills.
- Strong project leadership skills.
Advanced knowledge of the following network practices and concepts:
- Network architecture design, technical standards and deliverables, troubleshooting tools (e.g., log
- analysis and network traces),software and hardware installation and configuration, network protocols
- (e.g., TCP/IP, routing protocols, etc).
- Advanced knowledge of multiple IT platforms:
- Client/server, Microsoft Windows, Routers and switches, Linux.
- Advanced knowledge of current versions of the following products: F5 GTM, LTM, APM