Be Here. Be Great. Working for a leader in the insurance industry means opportunity for you. Great American Insurance Group’s member companies are subsidiaries of American Financial Group, a Fortune 500 company.
We combine a "small company" culture where your ideas will be heard with "big company" expertise to help you succeed. With over 30 specialty property and casualty operations and a variety of financial services, there are always opportunities here to learn and grow.
- Participate in weekly engineering meeting and review all changes for completeness and preparedness
- Make recommendations on bundling changes to reduce risk; attend respective CABs to discuss changes
- Make recommendations on enhancing pre-testing environment, change documentation and post-validation steps
- Review change details for risk, back out, testing and make improvement recommendations
- For major incidents, participate in escalation and troubleshooting sessions; participate and lead root cause resolutions
- Add ITIL processes and procedures to all activities of the network and voice teams
- Define resiliency plan for all network components and incorporate into roadmap any improvements required to meet the resiliency levels.
- Develop and own the network roadmap integrating all of the technologies across campus, WAN and data center
- Review end-to-end campus, data center and distributed networkarchitecture; assess networkarchitecture for current usage and make improvement recommendations
- Become part of Office 365 implementation team providing feedback and recommendations
- Assess and develop Skype rollout plan as it relates to networks, possibly including Avaya replacement decisions
- Identify activities than can be automated or ‘shift left’ to other teams for execution
- Review and provide assessment of bandwidth utilization, reporting and management within existing constraints
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or equivalent educational and/or work experience
- Must have 15+ years supporting global enterprise network across data center, LAN and WANtechnologies.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills to all levels of the organization.
- Strong experience working in cross-functional team. Superior organizational leadership skills. Ability to influence across an organization.
- Proven ability to identify problems and develop recommendations to address. Proactively identifies and assesses improvement opportunities (efficiency gains, cost savings, etc.).
- Extensive experience designing, deploying and improving a networkarchitecture.
- Ability to diagnose and troubleshoot infrastructure and application problems in a complex environment. Demonstrated ability to perform root cause analysis.
- Ability to lead and mentor others in ITIL best practices and technology planning. Familiarity with formal change management processes, ITIL Certification and ITSM experiencerequired.
- Ability to provide level-of-effort estimates and complete deliverables within allotted time.
- Demonstrated desire to learn new technologies and ability to adapt to new operating models and changing business requirements effectively.
- Hands-on experience with integrating networks for acquisitions and divestitures
- Demonstrable experience architecting an enterprise network to be ready for usage of cloud services included Microsoft Office 365, SalesForce and Cloud Foundry.
- Practical capabilities to mentor, partner and train a network operations center and 3rd party supplier delivering services or portions of services.
- Prefer in-depth knowledge of global privacy laws and impact to networkarchitecture, telephony and transport services
- Industry view on carrier options, carrier neutral facilities and other transport related topics (e.g. SIP. This includes contract T&Cs, pricing and service related options for a supplier.