What you'll be doing...
Verizon is in the process of modernizing our core networks to enable new, groundbreaking products and technologies. This new 'Intelligent Edge Network' leverages virtualization and software defined networking and will transform how we provide products and service, and maintain our position as the industry leader. Verizon is seeking motivated and driven Engineering professionals to support the Intelligent Edge network. In this position, you will be responsible for managing a team of highly skilled equipment engineers responsible for engineering the Domestic US Intelligent Edge Network (iEN), Unified Transport, and Voice / Data / Video Core networks. Candidate will lead the team in the issuance and managing of CCR (Capacity Creation Requests) and TEOs (Telephone Equipment Orders) throughout each project's lifecycle – building the technologies associated with Verizon's Core Inside Plant networks including: Multi-Service Edge (MSE), ROADM, Voice Over IP, and the supporting host of network ancillary and infrastructure equipment.
Candidate will also lead, direct and guide the team as they:
- Engineer detailed, often complex, network builds for new and existing technologies and order equipment/cables/hardware.
- Coordinate/project manage project specific installation designs and physical installations.
- Engineer/manage database updates, equipment configurations, card/port assignments/requirements, power mapping, cable running lists, floor space and rack placement, and detailed Bill of Material (BOM).
- Interface with Operations and other Implementation organizations to obtain critical pre-engineering information, site specific data as well as redlines and other end of job information.
- Insure that all engineering documentation is accurate and up-to-date for use by Installation, Test, Implementation, Operations, Provisioning, Planning, Network Capacity Management, and Audit teams.
Senior Manager Duties and responsibilities also include:
- Managing and scheduling multiple projects.
- Balancing workload of engineers on team (and other domestic teams for overflow support).
- Effectively coordinating with Planning and Program Management organizations.
- Executive level reporting, presenting and read-outs.
- Employee performance management & reviews.
- Special green-belt level initiatives.
What we're looking for...
You'll need to have:
- Bachelor's degree or four or more years of work experience.
- Six or more years of relevant work experience.
- Experience in Telecom Engineering and Network Implementation.
- Willingness to travel.
- Valid Driver's license.
Even better if you have:
- Master's degree.
- Leadership, self-starter abilities with strong management and organizational skills.
- Ability to be highly organized and able to manage multiple, often conflicting priorities to successful completion.
- Strong knowledge of telecom networking, IP networks and technologies, equipment designs and configuration procedures, and inventory.
- Strong technical and project management skills as well as excellent PC and software application skills including Windows and MS Office.
- Excellent verbal and written skills for inter-organizational communications.
- Engineering, Planning, and/or Ops knowledge, especially with Verizon IP Networks.
- Experience with expense and/or capital budgets.
- Strong track record of leadership and management.
- Black Belt - Lean Six Sigma and/or Design for Lean Six Sigma experience.
- Agile / SAFE Experience.