This role provides 3rd level Networking support to all RFA clients and RFA systems while supervising the Network Engineering team. As a networking escalation point within the group, this role will be responsible to work closely within the group to resolve all network related issues. The Network Engineering Team Lead will also be an integral part in our project implementation team and handling various networking functions including security and firewalling while leveraging their Cisco and Palo Alto expertise.
Team Lead Responsibilities:
· Prepare complex network designs for new and existing client site establishments, site relocations, network upgrades, network expansions, and disaster recovery setups with a focus on Cisco for core network requirements.
· Implement and maintain logical design models (L2/L3, spanning tree, VTP, VLANs, physical cabling), remote VPN software, network control protocols (QOS, PoE, NTP, DHCP), network management protocols (CDP, FTP, TFTP, SNMP), and security protocols (SSH, HTTPS, AAA).
· Provide Tier 3 support for all network and data communication issues including private and internet circuits, routing protocols, VPN connectivity, WAN optimization, hardware, and 3rd party vendor connectivity.
· Research networking issues and products as required and leverage critical thinking skills to evaluate all possible solutions while using appropriate judgment in applying effective resolutions.
· Properly address and prioritize tasks based on urgent and highly-sensitive RFA client needs and manage appropriate/realistic expectations to ensure overall client satisfaction.
· Responsible for configuring IPSec VPN tunnels, IP communication, and routing (OSPF, EIGRP, BGP).
· Leverage a strong knowledge of equipment, production processes, quality control, and other techniques for maximizing efficiency.
· Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or equivalent level of hands-on experience
· 7-10+ years of related IT experience in a Cisco environment
· Must have 5+ years of network engineering experience
· Cisco certification (CCIE, CCNP, CCNA) is highly desired