Network Engineering Manager
- Job Number: 112949390
- Santa Clara Valley, California, United States
- Posted: 30-Aug-2017
- Weekly Hours: 40.00
Come help us build the next generation cloud platform to support Internet services across Apple. Our Data Center and Network engineering team evolves, designs and deploys and operates infrastructure which forms the foundation for some of our most exciting services, including Siri, iCloud, Maps, iTunes, and more. The scale at which Apple operates requires the highest levels of automation and integration from the application through compute and the network, end to end. In this role you will have the unique opportunity to participate in delivering some of the world's largest-scale cloud services to the most loved devices on Earth.
- Managing network engineering and operations.
- Mentor and lead level troubleshooting skills and methods.
- Data center physical considerations, including power, cooling, deployment planning, fiber cable plant requirements and design.
- Data center network architectures.
- All modern link medias, their characteristics and operations.
- Datalink layer protocols including STP, tagging, MAC and ARP matters at scale.
- Network layer routing table distribution protocols (BGP etc.), traffic forwarding and troubleshooting.
- Direct experience with transport connection performance, load distribution and steering at scale.
- Service location and client to service architectures for complex applications.
- Component and system level monitoring architectures, deployments and operations.
- Cisco and open software network OS configuration.
- Experience with Linux, Git, Puppet, Clos networking, open network operating systems will be a big plus.
The Platform Infrastructure Engineering group designs, builds and operates the cloud infrastructure that hosts Apple consumer facing applications. We are looking for extremely capable manager to join a team of highly experienced and effective engineers who are passionate and creative about delivering service. Challenges of scale are solved through automation, attention to detail, and the strength of a fully integrated data center, network, compute and application stack. Your experience in understanding how applications operate across distributed resources in diverse geographies, willingness to personally support the platform, and create and tune the tools and monitoring will make you a successful candidate. You will own projects for their full lifecycle.
BS or MS or equivalent work experience.