Provides leadership and direction to the Network Engineering team responsible for the engineering design, planning, installation and upgrades of the enterprise-wide IT/OT network infrastructure including hardware, software, data, voice, radio, microwave and video communications. Establishes engineering standards, for the corporate-wide network. This includes engineering, design, installation of the enterprise-wide network to support the Company’s strategic and tactical business directions. The network infrastructure includes all corporate network communications infrastructure. Maximizes network performance by collaborating with architects on systems optimization.
- Network Design – Evaluate new and emerging technologies to drive future systems/network capabilities. Oversee development of technical design for critical components and newly approved technologies. Consult with enterprise architects and key business users to understand future business needs.
- Network Optimization – Proposes new technology designs to dramatically improve systems/network reliability and performance. Identify new and emerging technologies that will provide significant increases in system/network performance.
- Ensure enterprise communications network meets or exceed its operational objectives to other business units by establishing best practice processes and maximize the value of its third party service providers.
- Strategizes in close partnership with Enterprise Architecture to develop and implement all relevant guiding principles, reference architecture, and standards effectively creating a technical infrastructure that helps achieve Company business objectives.
- As a part of the Business System’s Leadership team, work with peers to establish and govern the day to day decisions required to effectively manage enterprise communications network.
- Bachelor's degree in information technology.
- Graduate degree in business or management preferred
- Ten years of experience in system/network design and operations.
- Demonstrated leadership and broad in-depth knowledge/ experience with all engineering functions.
- Extensive knowledge of future technology trends.
- Strong written and oral communications skills.