$80K — $100K *
Under the direction of the Manager of IT Network Operations, the Network Engineer will provide support for various network, firewall, wireless/VoIP systems, and network/firewall/VoIP/wireless/security software and hardware platforms. The incumbent is the subject matter expert taking a role in network security design, planning, assessment, and implementation. The position will serve as escalation support for providing recommendations and initiate necessary corrective action to insure network security policy compliance and continuous improvement for the ISS security posture. The Network Engineer is responsible for the implementation and support of network and firewall equipment, network software, daily operational incidents, service request tickets, network and VoIP break/fix support, incident escalation, network/firewall maintenance, and network/firewall configuration. The incumbent is responsible for ensuring that policies, standards, procedures, and how-to documents are utilized and followed. Provide day-to-day support of the 24 x 7 production environment of ISS Enterprise network/firewall/VoIP (core, distribution, wired & wireless access layers, IPAM, DHCP, VoIP systems, WAN, and network/VoIP monitoring). Network Engineers role functions also include, but are not limited to enterprise project deliverables, project tasks, project documentation, design, build, installation, performance monitoring, optimization, troubleshooting and maintenance of a variety of systems of the network. The Network Engineer will also participate in the weekly rotational after-hours 24x7 on-call support and perform other assigned tasks as needed by departmental requirements.
Duties & Tasks
IT Network Operations Management, Project Planning, and Technology
· 24x7x365 operational support/troubleshooting of the production environment managed by the IT Network Services department (e.g. firewalls, security appliances/applications, VPN infrastructure, etc.). This includes process incident and service request tickets through the help desk (ServiceNow) and following ISS standard change control process.
· Ensure Incidents, Service Requests, and Service Catalog Tasks are addressed appropriately and in a timely manner for “high” or “urgent” priority to meet the IT Network Operations OLA.
· Make certain tickets are opened, updated and closed for all assigned incidents, or service requests. Periodically check for unassigned tickets to ensure issues are being addressed and resolved in a timely fashion.
· Perform on-site hardware/software installations with department requesting work and keep Network Operations manager informed on issues, status, and completion of installations.
· Communicate in a timely fashion risks to meeting deadlines or SLA/OLA’s regarding Project Deliverables, Project Tasks, Incidents, Service Requests, Work Orders and other assigned tasks; ensuring customers, staff, managers, and directors are informed.
· Make certain that the network inventory and assets are documented, updated, and accurately reflected in CMDB.
· Ensure completion and implementation of IT Network Operations A3’s and A4’s as required.
· Maintain and upgrade ISS technical environment, including network, firewall, VoIP, wireless, WAN, access layers, IPAM, DHCP, RADIUS,
· Conduct/oversee security scans against the environment using tools of the trade (e.g. vulnerability and penetration scans).
· Ensure that logs pertaining to IT security are being properly generated and consolidated across the environment.
· Perform monitoring, diagnosing, and troubleshooting to optimize systems and networked components as necessary to resolve problems and improve quality and performance.
· Identify and prioritize tasks within IT Network Operations and operational environment based on ISS strategic plans and priorities.
· Ensure IT Network Operations staff and others authorized to make changes in the IT Network environment adhere to the ISS Change Management process
· Ensure root cause analysis is performed and adhere to Problem Management process.
· Manage the coordination of technical and functional support within ISS IT Operations, technical engineers, vendors, and CSC’s.
· Participate in IT Network Operations daily or weekly huddles and staff meetings.
· Fully participate and follow the IT PMO PM lifecycle and Resource Capacity Planning, including participation in Feasibility Studies.
· Responsible for network/security design, build, and implementation in the PM Lifecycle.
· Responsible for all assigned project deliverables and tasks and ensure project notes are updated for assigned projects.
· Validate production readiness of environment architectures and designs.
· Ensure review and validation of architecture, design, and build documentation as part of the Formal Design Review and Technical Standards.
· Participate in the implementation of new technology at ISS, including preparation, training, change management, and development of new ISS standards.
· Assist and execute disaster recovery procedures as needed.
· Provide analysis of business requirements to provide sound technical solutions.
· Conduct hardware and software evaluations providing detailed analysis and recommendations based on the outcome of study.
· Research and recommend tools, scripts, and utilities to improve technical processes.
Be a champion for ISS and serve as a role model to encourage others to embrace operational changes associated with ISS initiatives
Valid through: 1/23/2022