Chevron is seeking a highly qualified Network Engineer with 10+ years’ of experience to assist in the design of complex data networks in an Enterprise sized environment.
Candidates must have experience with designing large complex network solutions based on current solution architecture principles and working withother engineers to get design implemented.
This is a very collaborative, team-oriented environment, working with 16 other high level engineers.
Candidate must possess the following skills:
TOP REQUIRED SKILLS:
• Data Center Experience
• Large Enterprise Level Experience
• A thorough understanding of routing protocols specifically BGP, ISIS, OSPF and EIGRP.
• In depth knowledge of IP networks based on multi-vendor environments is required including Cisco (routing and switching platforms + NEXUS), Juniper (MX platform), Big Switch and others.
• Communication and collaboration
• CCNP or equivalent experience
Preferred Skill Set:
• In depth knowledge of VPNtechnologies
• Experienceworking with carrier class MPLS services
• Experienceworking with private MPLS
• Experience in the implementation of Internet Peering
• Experience implementing a variety of Layer 2 and Layer 3 carrier based Ethernet services
• Ability to design and implement complex IP schemas for both IPV4 and IPV6
• Be able to communicate specifications and requirements to stakeholders
• Must be able to work and collaborate with multiple work groups
• Ability to provided top class technical documentation
• Experience with BMC’s Remedy IT Service Management Suite
• Have the ability to trouble shoot extremely complex network problems
• Excellent interpersonal skills
Network proficiency in majority of the following equipment types:
• Cisco routing and switching platforms
• WANacceleration (Riverbed SteelHead)
• Juniper MX platforms
• Cisco Nexus
- Works with teams to provide advanced design, architecture and diagnostic support.
- Responsible for the design, configuration, development, integration, implementation of network solutions.
- Combines a good understanding of IT with a considerable knowledge of industry, business function, or service offering in the engagement.