For over 30 years, many of the world’s leading firms have relied on Align as a trusted IT solution provider and a recognized center of excellence in IT advisory, infrastructure design and build services and delivery. We have a flawless track record of technical solution delivery and have established long-standing relationships and an impressive client list of both Global 1000 and SMB clients. We work across a diverse list of industries including financial services, life sciences (pharmaceutical and health care), retail, technology, media, and telecommunications.
Align seeks a Network Engineer with some voice experience for our growing WorkPlace Technology solution. This person is required to have a solid understanding of core routing and switching design using recommended best practices. The ideal candidate will also have some Voice experience, but the core skill set is routing and switching. This is a great opportunity to work with best-in-class technology and work alongside a great team of passionate, knowledgeable engineers.
- The Network Engineer will be based out of our New York City office, but will be required to work regularly at client locations throughout the New York metropolitan area
- This is a full-time position offering a competitive compensation package consisting of a base salary, benefits, training, paid vacation and participation in a bonus plan
- Up to 10 percent travel may be required at times
- Work on assigned projects to support our clients’ network infrastructure requirements, including configuring and supporting medium and large-scale networks
- Build, configure and deploy the latest networking technologies
- Participate in the design process, working with Align senior engineers and network architects
- Responsible for working with clients to understand their business goals and requirements and making recommendations for solutions
- Follow the Align project methodology, and generate network documentation as directed by project managers
- Two to six years of technical engineering experience deploying and supporting IP LAN/WAN technologies is required
- CCNP or relevant Cisco Network certifications are preferred
- Excellent verbal communication and writing skills are required
- Must have strong knowledge of Cisco access and core switches including stacking, trunking, port-channels, HSRP, version upgrading, etc.
- Must have strong knowledge of Cisco edge and core routers including functions such as dynamic routing (EIGRP, OSPF, BGP), redundant pairing and load balancing
- Must have strong knowledge of Cisco firewall products including NATing, HA configuration, remote access (AnyConnect), and site to site tunnels
- Must have strong hands on experience of full Cisco Call Manager functionality in corporate deployments including phone configuration, call routing, voicemail, and gateway assignment. This position will be expected to lead the team with Cisco voice expertise
- Working knowledge of Palo Alto, Juniper, Fortinet, Meraki, and Dell networking products a plus
- Must be able to work independently at customer locations with ability to lead an implementation effort, and ability to interact with team members when escalation of issues is necessary
- Ability to do end to end troubleshooting of workstations connecting to local corporate resources and internet, including working knowledge of Windows firewall, OS routing of multiple NICs, identifying where segments fail, and ability to do Wireshark captures to verify traffic activity
- Working understanding of wireless technologies including VLAN segmentation per SSID, authentication methods, and cloud management capabilities (most importantly Meraki and Aerohive)
- Ability to intelligently interact with customers regarding their existing network environment and make recommendations about improvements, upgrades, and migrations following industry best practices
- Working knowledge of security best practice such as centralized authentication, syslog systems, account isolation
- Working knowledge of third party multi-factor authentication such as Duo, Microsoft Authenticator, or Google Authenticator a plus
- Working knowledge of Azure network integration including VPN tunnel connections and virtual appliance deployment a plus
- Working knowledge of fiber interconnectivity including single mode, multi-mode, and ability to decide appropriate SFP modules based on environment and required bandwidth
- Ability to open support cases with major vendors such as Cisco, Juniper, Fortinet, and others, when necessary to resolve complex issues
- Ability to interact with sales and project personnel to recommend model equivalencies for customers who are coming under the managed service umbrella and in need of a technology resource
- Ability to multitask among multiple project priorities as needed, including the ability to react to customer outages
- Must have strong clear communications skills to present ideas and procedures clearly to customers, NOC, vendors, and colleagues. This position will sometimes act as a liaison on behalf of the customer in getting a vendor or provider to move forward with new circuits, upgrades, relocations, etc.
- Must be able to interact with numerous web based platforms and tools, and choose appropriate communication method for a given situation (i.e. phone, text, Teams, email, screen sharing, etc).
- Experience in service validation, gateway support and troubleshooting network & security infrastructure on routers, switches & firewalls
- Good working knowledge with Cisco Routers, Cisco Switches, Nexus 7K, 5K and 2K series, Load Balancers and Firewalls
- Expertise in configuration of Virtual Local Area Networks using routers and multi-layer switches and supporting RSTP/MSTP along with trouble-shooting of inter-VLAN routing and VLAN trunking using 802.1Q
- Strong understanding of IP routing, particularly BGP, EIGEP and OSPF
- Knowledge of QoS technologies
- Wi-Fi experience is a plus
- Cisco ISE experience is a plus
- Some presentation and “whiteboarding” skills would be beneficial
- Ideal candidate will be teamwork-oriented, passionate about technology and possess an excellent work ethic and communication skills
Align is a dynamic and flexible place to work, offering professionals unparalleled opportunities to train in the leading technologies, make an impact and control their own destinies. We give our professionals the autonomy to pursue business opportunities and manage assignments in ways that maximize their creativity and talents, leading to self-fulfillment, as well as financial rewards.