Viasat is in the business to connect the world. As a global broadband services and technology company, we are connecting international communities to the internet by offering residential internet service; enabling passengers and operations crews to stream high-bandwidth media, applications, and content when traveling globally on commercial, business or government aircraft and maritime vessels; and empowering international warfighters on the front lines of battle with real-time, secure internet-based intelligence, surveillance, and reconnaissance for high-requirement missions. We deliver and protect information – when and where it is needed most – with our trusted communications ground systems, infrastructure, and services.
In this position you will be responsible for deploying, administering, maintaining, and improving the design of a mission critical SATCOM global Network. Your primary duties will include performing routine and continuous updates of the software, firmware, and configurations of multiple test and production Network systems to deploy the most up to date bug fixes and security patches to all networking devices. Part of your responsibilities will include supporting our software, test, and operations teams troubleshoot and analyze network issues in multiple distributed systems. Your job duties will include maintaining, updating and creating network diagrams and design documentations for these distributed systems. You will be working withsoftware developers and test engineers to integrate, test, and deploy automation tools for network configuration and software updates.
- 3+ years of experience administering sophisticated and secure computer networks
- Strong understanding of Network design, infrastructure, software and hardware components.
- Ability to administer, update, recover and troubleshoot issues with Network infrastructure devices including Cisco Switches, Routers, Firewalls, Intrusion Prevention Systems (IPS), Firepowers, Firepower Management Centers (FMC), Access Control Systems (ACS) and/or Authentication Authorization and Accounting systems (AAA).
- Experience with Cisco iOS and IOS XE configuration including static and dynamic Routing, VLANs, IPsec, and GRE, Access Lists, Crypto maps, traffic policing and security implementations.
- Proven experience in deploying Cisco equipment from-the-box to production including licensing, imaging, configuring, installing, testing, troubleshooting and updating the devices.
-Strong knowledge of the physical, data-link, network, transport and application layer protocols as they apply to integration of independent Network, software, and hardware systems
- Ability to create accurate network diagrams and documentation for the design, implementation, and deployment of networking systems.
- Demonstrated experience with cutting edge Cisco devices and systems, can provide specific detailed information for hardware and software selection for end of life device replacements.
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills. Ability to quickly learn new or unfamiliar technology and products using documentation and internet resources.
- Proven verbal and written communications skills.
- Must have the ability to work with all levels of technical staff within and outside the organization including technicians, engineers, developers, upper management and customers.
- Bachelordegree in Engineering, Information Technology or a related field of study required
- US Government position. US Citizenship required
- Possess a secret clearance or have the ability to obtain a secret clearance.
- Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA) or higher certification required
- Ability to travel up to 10%
To learn more about this site and other officelocations, pleaseclick here!
BA/BS or equivalentexperience
Years of experience:
Up to 10%
US Citizenship Required
Active United States Secret Clearance
Back to search jobs
Viasat is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, seeking to create a welcoming and diverse enviroment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, age, or veteran status.