What you’ll be doing...
The primary responsibility will be to provide complete front-to-end engineering and installation of Cisco and Juniper router-based IP network solutions.
- Providing Tier III technical support to Tier II for Cisco and Juniper equipment.
- Providing technical support to project planning team for the development and implementation of proposals.
- Assisting in the design, writing and execution of various test plans on commercial and in-house developed network elements using various test tools and hardware.
- Assisting in the design, prototype and deployment of products and services to meet customer needs.
- Maintaining and proposingenhancements to existing customer networks.
What we’re looking for...
You'll need to have:
- Bachelor's degree or four or more years of work experience.
- Four or more years of relevant work experience.
Even better if you have:
- Willingness to travel.
- Degree in Electronics Engineering, Computer Engineering or Computer Science.
- Three or more years of experience that includes network design, operational support and hands-on implementation and configuration of network devices such as servers, routers, hubs and switches.
- CCNA or JNCIP certifications.
- Knowledge of test equipment to include Spirent TestCenter (Avalanche/Reflector).
- Strong communication skills, both oral and written.
- Willingness to carry a pager to respond to trouble calls after hours.
- Router-Based industry experience.
- Knowledge in many data networking protocols.
- Knowledge of Frame Relay, Ethernet, MPLS, TCP/IP, VPN, and IP Telephony.
- Experience with OSI model, routing protocols and their application to router configurations.