Responsible for the evaluation, engineering, integration, operation, maintenance, security, and evolution of the global enterprise network environment. Develop network infrastructure roadmaps, conduct feasibility studies, and review proposals with peer IT groups. Identify, recommend and lead continuous network infrastructure improvement efforts. May be responsible for lower level network engineers.
MAJOR JOB ACTIVITIES:
- Engineer, design, and deploy highly available network services and solutions based on business, strategic, and technical requirements.
- Develop network infrastructure roadmaps, conduct feasibility studies, and review proposals with peer IT groups.
- Identify, recommend and lead continuous network infrastructure improvement efforts
- Troubleshoot LAN/WAN issues.
- Research and solve complex problems regarding data communication failures.
- Secure, update, and patch network devices
- Monitor network operation and implement/maintain monitoring tools.
- Establish and document standards, policies and procedures.
- Provide guidance and support to network engineering and IT support staff in remote locations.
- Occasional travel in support of new contract phase-in, and network enhancement.
- Performs other duties and assignments as required.
- Provide requisite technical training including documentation to network operators
MATERIAL & EQUIPMENT DIRECTLY USED:
Computer, Phone, and basic office materials.
· Function in an office environment in a stationary position approximately 50 percent of the time or more.
· Must be able to operate standard office equipment, such as a computer, copy machine and printer.
- Requires sitting and using office equipment and computers. Occasionally requires bending and lifting of computer equipment, supplies and materials
Education/Certifications: One year of related experience may be substituted for one year of education if degree is required:
- Associates degree; Bachelor's degree preferred
- Minimum CCNA/CCDA, higher certifications preferred
- Able to obtain DoD security clearance
Preferred Skills and Experience:
- 5-7 years of related experience
- Network design, engineering and integration
- Technical documentation and training
- Extensive knowledge of Cisco router and switch hardware
- Extensive experience with Cisco IOS, NX-OS
- Dynamic routing protocols
- Experience implementing and maintaining ACLs/Segmentation/Security
- Ability to manage outside service providers, consultants to accomplish defined projects
- Strong organizational skills, and ability to lead projects with minimal supervision.