- Key contributor to networkarchitecture of the Optum Analytics network
- Execute planned network maintenance and capacity improvement work
- Monitor and respond to network and securityevents
- Analyze network behavior and performance using various software tools
- Establish and troubleshoot 3rd party IPSEC VPN connections
- Deploy approved firewall policy changes
- Develop, publish, and maintain documentation as related to specific network and security issues and services
- Utilizes excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to travel to various Optum Analytics datacenters as required.
- Comfortable with working an on-call and out-of-hours rotation when required
- Able to work well independently or within a team, especially cross-functional teams Core Competencies:
- Ability to provide unique and creative solutions to problems that leverage best practices and foster network stability and security
- Ability to work on multiple high priority tasks
- Calm under pressure and ability to work through difficult issues
- Eagerness to learn new technologies
To be considered for this position, applicants need to meet the qualifications listed in this posting. Required Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree or advanced degree in a technology discipline
- 5+ years of recent experience on enterprise-grade Firewalls such as Juniper SRX series or Check Point.
- 5+ years of experience working with VoIP
- 5+ years of experience working with wireless LANinfrastructures
- 5+ experience on enterprise routers such as Juniper or Cisco Series
- 3+ years with enterprise SIEMs such as Splunk for Enterprise Security
- Hands on experience with network monitoring, reporting and performance software
- Experience with dynamic routing like OSPF and BGP, especially multihomed BGP
- Must reside in New England or Washington DC areaWilling and able to travel up to 15% to east coast US locations
- Willing and able to work on-call and after hours as needed as well as weekend maintenance once a month
- Preferred Qualifications:
- Understanding of Linux at a basic system administration level
- Experience testing for vulnerabilities and configuration weaknesses.
- Experience with controller-based wireless networks such as Aruba
- Experience with network load balancers such as Netscalers
- Currently residing in Boston, MA or surrounding area.