To provide intermediate leveltelecommunicationsnetwork services, including documenting, installing, and configuring a building’snetwork. To provide intermediate levelnetworkproblem determination services.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides intermediate level telecom network services, including supporting large scale network installations. Installs and configures standard networkinfrastructure, including software, patches, upgrades, applications, and/or hardware operating on one or more systems. Runs network configuration changes through the network modeling software and corrects errors.
- Provides intermediate level Tier 2/3 telecom network services for issues elevated from the Support Center and Technical Services groups. Identifies failing components.
- Identifies performance issues and interprets trends (e.g., traces of network traffic).
- Adds, updates, and closes records in the IT Problem Management and Change Management databases. Monitors records to ensure status are accurate and complete, and actions are on target. Reviews related records to identify requests that may have an impact on the network.
- Participates in change management meetings.
- Writes documentation, including policies and procedures. Creates diagrams, including networkdesigns. Administers the telecom network documentation repository.
- Trains and mentors staff. Conducts formal training sessions and recommends training vendors. Troubleshoots and resolves issues.
- Identifies opportunities to automate manual system tasks.
- Complies with IT policies and procedures, especially those for quality and productivity standards that enable the team to meet established client service levels. Complies with Information Security policies and procedures.
- Participates in special projects and performs other related duties as assigned.
Education & Experience:
- Undergraduatedegree in a related field or the equivalent combination of training and experience.
- Minimum of 2+ years’ network administration experience, with one yearnetworktechnicianexperience, preferred.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong analysis and problem solving skills.
Intermediate knowledge of the following telecom network practices and concepts: troubleshooting tools (e.g., log analysis and network traces), software and hardware installation and configuration, network hardware, protocols (e.g., TCP/IP, routing protocols, etc).
Intermediate knowledge of one or more IT platforms:
Client/server, IBM mainframe, Microsoft Windows, Routers and switches, Linux.
Intermediate knowledge of current versions of the following products:
Cisco IOS, Microsoft Office Suite, Sniffer, Visio.
Holds the following certificate or has the ability to attain within 12months of hire date: Cisco Certified NetworkAssociate (CCNA) certificate.