Job Description: Leidos is looking for Technical Lead Network Engineer Expert with TS/SCI polygraphs to provide cradle to grave support work on an intelligence community information technology (IT) contract in the Reston, VA, area. The selected candidate will be supporting the Network Security division and be responsible for designing and promoting the implementation of new networkarchitecture and communication systems. Duties may include providing specifications for networkarchitecture, network engineering oversight, evaluating and recommending new technologies to enhance current capabilities, performing needs assessments, developing technology road maps, network modeling, analysis, and planning.
- Develop technical solutions to issues that may be unclear and require deep technical knowledge.
- Utilization of various data sources will be necessary to fully understand the issues and inform the solution, have strong skillsets in network monitoring tools and deep analysis of network data
- Evaluate network service requests and validate/triage inquiries
- Analyze existing and future network infrastructure and services requirements
- Network hardware and software testing, implementation, integration, and management
- Create and update network infrastructure documentation
- Assist with the development of network architecture and roadmaps
- Support network refresh efforts
- Implementation of X.509 Certificates, secure socket layer (SSL), commercial & Type 1 encryption
- Programming, configuring, and troubleshooting networks
- Remote network and server administration
- Implementing Virtual private network (VPN)
- Unix (Linux, Solaris) Administration
- Perl/Shell script
- Java Script, Linux Shell Script
- Mastery in IP-related services, Routing Services, Application Services , Connection Services
- Implements network topologies and site configurations. Plan installations, transitions and cutovers of network components and capabilities.
- Assesses and documents current site network configuration and user requirements.
- Modifies existing software to ensure efficiency and integrity between systems and applications.
- Evaluates and recommends COTS applications and methodologies that can be acquired to provide interoperable, portable, and scalable information technology solutions
- Network troubleshooting (Tier 3 & 4 level support)
- Active TS/SCI clearance with polygraph
- BA and 12 years of experience, Masters with 10 years of experience. Experience in lieu of degree.
- Experience with government networks and secure communications.
- Knowledge of Routing and Switching systems (Cisco & Juniper)
- Experience with network performance optimization.
- Knowledge of data center networking.
- Experience with network design, network architecture, and creating network documentation.
- Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA)
- Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP) Routing & Switching
- CCNP Data Center
- Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert (CCIE) Routing & Switching
- CCIE Data Center
- Amazon Web Service (AWS) Solutions Architect
- CompTIA A+
- CompTIA Network+
- CompTIA Security+
- Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate (MCSA)
- Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert (MCSE)
- VMware Certified Professional
External Referral Bonus: Eligible
Potential for Telework: No
Clearance Level Required: Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph