Job Duties and Responsibilities
Network Engineer, Tactical Operations
Supports the Defense Information Systems Agency (DISA) Tactical Mission Manager (TMM), providing 24/7/365 technical and operational support to tactical customers accessing DoD Gateway facilities. Personnel shall provide subject matter expertise to an extremely complex IP-Based SATCOM network. Perform network configurations, system monitoring, remote terminal activation, customer problem tracking, and network problem resolution in all aspects of networking integral to our client's Baseband, IF, and RF Communications. Create modem configuration files, switch and router configuration files, and voice equipment configurations. The contractor shall be responsible for remotely accessing and de-accessing users into the IP/SATCOM networks and assisting users with troubleshooting SATCOM and IP network problems. Personnel shall also be responsible for build-outs and maintenance of the IP infrastructure, using iDirect / Viasat technology and be familiar with a number of network application tools such as VX Builder, VX Watch, Cisco Call Manager (CCM), Linkway NMS, iDirect NMS and Tivoli NetCool. Candidate will be "mission essential" and able to support 12, 10, or 8hrs shifts based upon the requirement and resources available.
- DoD 8570 IAT Level II (Security+ce or equivalent) – MANDATORY to start
- Advanced IP/Networking experience including routers, switches, firewalls, routing protocols (OSPF, BGP, RIP), VLANs, ACLs, and multicasting
- Advanced knowledge of voice over Internet Protocol (VoIP) gateways, call managers, performance enhancing proxies (PEP), and telephony systems.
- Knowledge and experience with satellite communications technology architectures.
- CCNA/CCNP - Skilled in Satellite Communications (SATCOM), earth station equipment, and associated terrestrial systems.
- Experienced in the implementation and delivery of DISN services (VoIP, VoSIP, VTC, NIPR, SIPR) through SATCOM Gateways.
- Experience with iDirect/Linkway IP Modems.
- Familiarity with the operation and maintenance of MILSATCOM earth terminal equipment (up/down converters, modems, high power amplifiers).
- Familiarity with the operation and maintenance of MILSATCOM baseband equipment (EBEM, Promina, MIDAS, Convergence routers, IA Tools.).
- Familiarity with the operation of MILSATCOM encryption devices (KG-250, KG-250x, KIV-7HS, KIV-7M, KG-175).
- Utilization of SAA/GAAs as source documentation for network configuration.
- Familiarity with trouble ticketing systems, troubleshooting methodologies, and service desk operations.
Security Clearance: Secret to start (must meet Top Secret eligibility requirements)
Job location: Honolulu - Pearl Harbor (Ford Island) Hawaii
Work hours: Shift position
Availability: Immediate. This is a funded position. GSM-O contract is through Oct2019.
POC: Please contact Mark Aschenbach, firstname.lastname@example.org, (703) 488-2073. Please send copy of your CompTIA Security+ce certification (or equivalent/higher certification).
Qualifications Requires Bachelor’s degree (in Computer Science, Engineering, Economics or Math) or equivalent, and seven to nine years of related (telecommunication analysis) experience.
Degrees Equivalent Experience/Education
Years of Experience 13-15 years w/High School Diploma
07-09 years w/Bachelors Degree
04-06 years w/Masters Degree