The Network Engineer will act as the technical routing, switching, load balancing, and firewall expert for the production, development, and corporate networks. The Network Engineer will also work closely with the Platform and Application teams as well as the Network Operations Center (NOC) and Linux Systems teams. Strong Service Level Agreement (SLA) responsibilities and strict change control are synonymous with this role.
- Responsible for the install, configuration, and lifecycle management of all Network devices. [IPS, Load Balancers, Routers, Switches, VoIP Phone systems, Wireless, Firewalls, etc.].
- Actively participate in the architecture and installation of carrier class solutions with Information Technology, NOC, & Systems teams.
- Write documentation, policy and procedures pertaining to the network and its integrity.
- Manage network maintenance contracts and renewals for accuracy to ensure proper coverage is in place.
- Verify all hardware and software purchase orders are appropriate prior to submission to the Network Manager.
- Assist in engineering solutions for new and existing environments to increase network uptime and efficiency.
- Monitor and help architect solutions to ensure network capacity, performance, and functionality are within acceptable standards for our clients and vendors.
- 5+ years professional NetworkEngineeringexperiencerequired
- CCNA required, CCNP preferred
- High Level Cisco command line knowledge
- Functional in Linux / Red Hat command line
- Team player with strong work ethic and excellent documentation skills
- Carrier or ISP experience and F5 load balancer experiencepreferred
- Mid-Range knowledge of Cisco VoIP & QoS configurations required
- Strong verbal and written communication