The Supplyframe SRE team has a position available for a mid-to-senior level Network Engineer to help design and scale a platform that provides SaaS, vertical search and intelligence solutions for the electronic component industry. The SRE team operates several ASN at co-location facilities in the US, Europe and China and strategically peers with Cloud platforms and third parties to maximize the architectural options for the platform. This position will report to the Director of Operations and is located in Pasadena, CA.
- Design and implement networking solutions typical in enterprise and data center routing and switching.
- Translate high level requirements into appropriate solutions and be able to communicate the technical rationale behind the solutions.
- Be on call for networking incidents.
- Contribute to the design and implementation of automated mitigations.
- Perform root cause analysis for networking incidents.
- Domestic or international travel on a quarterly basis.
- Have at least a JNCIP-ENT or JNCIP-DC (or Cisco equivalent) and are on track to obtaining JNCIE.
- Ability to deal with the following networking protocols, topics and technologies on a daily basis:
- TCP/IP and UDP, BGP, iBGP, OSPF, ECMP, GRE and IPIP tunneling
- IPv4 and IPv6 networking, ASN, and the procurement of such resources
- DNS and its evolution, RADIUS, LDAP, VPN, IPSEC, TLS, load balancing, WAF, IDS/IPS, DoS and DDoS mitigation best practices, SNMP
- Virtual and logical networking
- Measuring utilization, saturation and errors of key bottlenecks
- High availability and scaling of networking protocols, devices, and services
- Security and compliance, configuration management and change control
- Must demonstrate an understanding of how modern web services work, how HTTP works in depth, how to optimize web services at the network level
- The basics of operating systems
- A competent understanding of networking device hardware
- Demonstrate leadership and self-starter abilities as well as lateral thinking and creative problem solving.
- Candidates with the ability to program or specify solutions that other developers can code against will be prioritized. Primary languages are Go and Rust.
- Competitive salary and bonus program in an entrepreneurial environment
- Cost of necessary certifications will be covered
- Top notch health, dental, and vision insurance
- Stock options in a fast growing tech company
- 401k plan with matching contribution
- Generous paid time off plan plus paid holidays
- Frequent company sponsored lunches, happy hours, fun events, and plenty of snacks and drinks
- Supplyframe is an equal opportunity employer