Essential Job Functions.
- Maintains LAN, WAN, intranet and Internet network hardware and systems; investigates and resolves network and hardware matters of significance; researches, analyzes, isolates and resolves errors
- Assesses and updates older networks as needed and in accordance with specified plans.
- Provides technical support on data networks for internal and/or external customers; answers technical questions; recommends and implements approved course of action.
- Provides technical leadership for data network problem escalation and resolution.
- Installs and maintains networkfacilities, including hardware, software, and system data for small to medium sized networks.
- Installs network applications on network servers or voice equipment; maintains, tests, researches and resolves problems.
- Determines appropriate standard testing routines or scripts; may test various data equipment such as routers, switches, hubs or optical equipment, or multi-function switches maintenance.
- Designs, implements and maintains various networks such as LAN, WAN, intranet, and/or Internet systems in accordance with specified requirements.
- Prepares data network diagrams and drawings to document and assist in communicating current operational status of networks.
- Has basic knowledge of Cisco Nexus switches such as but not limited to 9K, 7K and 5K series switches.
- Performs data network configurations and configuration changes of various data equipment such as routers, switches, intelligent hubs, multi-function switches, to enhance performance. Provides leadership and work guidance to less experienced personnel.
- Prepares routine proposal documentation and information to meet customer requirements. Experience working with current local area network systems and technical infrastructure communication issues.
DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS: BS or equivalent + 2 yrs related experience, or MS + 0 yrs experience