Transform technology into opportunity as a Network Engineer Sr Advisor with GDIT. A career in enterprise IT means connecting and enhancing the systems that matter most. At GDIT you'll be at the forefront of innovation and play a meaningful part in improving how agencies operate.
At GDIT, people are our differentiator. As a Network Engineer Sr Advisor you will help ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. Our work depends on Network Engineer Sr Advisor joining our team to:
HOW A NETWORK ENGINEER SR ADVISOR WILL MAKE AN IMPACT
- Lead network engineering and architecture teams to develop complex solutions to meet ARNG strategic projects and initiatives.
- Provide architecture and technology gap analysis and recommend solutions to improve the operations and security of the DoDIN-A(NG) and DoDIN-A(NG)-S enterprise.
- Configure, manage, and maintain the physical and virtual infrastructures to include Cisco routers, layer 3 switches, firewalls, Palo Alto IDS/IPS
- Perform required maintenance off hours and support 24x7 operations of a large enterprise infrastructure in accordance with established schedules and best practices.
- Implement and maintain DISA STIGs baselines IAW with quarterly releases.
- Support CCRI inspections and required to maintain ATOs.
- Develop and maintain standard operating procedures.
- Create and defend system change requests.
- Develop, maintain, and implement a proactive capacity planning model to support business decisions.
WHAT YOU'LL NEED TO SUCCEED:
- Education: Bachelors degree and 10+ years of relevant experience as a Network Administrator / Engineer (will consider other combinations of education, years of experience and certifications).
- Required Experience: 6+ years' experience Cisco and Palo Alto Routing, Switching, IDS/IPS, and Firewall technologies
- Required Technical Skills: Advance routing (BGP/OSPF), MPLS, Firewall and IDS/IPS policies,
- Certifications: Must meet DoD IAT Level II IA baseline certification at start date; Must meet DoD IAT Level II IA Computing Environment (CE) certification at state date: (ie Cisco, Palo Alto, ect).
- Security Clearance Level: SECRET Clearance
- Required Skills and Abilities: Superb communication skills; strong ability to troubleshoot and multi-task
- Location: Hybrid (3 days onsite/2 days telework after the first 60 days of training)
GDIT IS YOUR PLACE:
• Full-flex work week to own your priorities at work and at home
• 401K with company match
• Comprehensive health and wellness packages
• Internal mobility team dedicated to helping you own your career
• Professional growth opportunities including paid education and certifications
• Cutting-edge technology you can learn from
• Rest and recharge with paid vacation and holidays