5 - 7 years experience •
The Network Engineer is responsible for effective design, planning, installation/configuration, operation, and maintenance of all Network, Security and Communications systems hardware and software. This position will have an emphasis on firewall/security systems as well as advanced networktroubleshooting of all TCP/IP based services.
As part of the larger Global Network team, Network Engineers focus on improving the stability and performance of the all the LAN, WAN, WLAN, Firewall/UTM-Unified Threat Management appliances, Load Balancing appliances, ISP services, and othernetwork and communication systems and tools. Responsibilities on these systems include administration and management, operations and support, maintenance, research and development to ensure high availability and continuous operation. Position may include occasional international travel.
- Document system designs and architectures using tools such as Microsoft Visio
- Install new/rebuild existing network and security devices (LAN/WLAN/Load Balancing appliance/UTM Appliance) in accordance with standards and project/operational requirements
- Develop and maintain installation and configuration process, procedures and scripts
- Contribute to and maintain system standards
- Contribute to and maintain security posture of the system in accordance with all policies
- Research, recommend and innovative where possible, automated system administration tasks
Operations and Support:
- Install and maintain firmware on the operational systems, which includes but is not limited to, HP NetworkSwitches, F5 Load Balancing Appliances, Fortinet Fortigate Appliances, Cisco Routers, Juniper Wireless Controllers
- Perform daily system monitoring, verifying the integrity and availability of all hardware, resources, systems and key processes, reviewing system and application logs
- Perform regular security monitoring to identify any possible intrusions
- Perform backup operations of all systems configurations listed above ensuring they are successfully backed as necessary
- Create, change, and delete user accounts per request as necessary in various systems (Radius, LYNC, etc.)
- Provide Tier III/othersupport per request from various constituencies. Investigate and troubleshoot operational issues
- Repair and recover from hardware or software failures
- Coordinate and communicate with impacted constituencies
- Open support cases with external Vendors (HP, Juniper, F5, Cisco, etc.) when required.
- Apply OS patches/upgrades on a regular basis, upgrade admin tools and utilities, configure/add new services as necessary
- Maintain operational, configuration, or other procedures and documentation
- Perform ongoing performance tuning, hardware upgrades, and resource optimization as required
- Coordinate activities of vendors responsible for maintenance of all the systems
- Bachelor?s degreerequired. Technical major, such as engineering or computer science, preferred
- 5+ years Network engineering experience in LAN/WLANWAN environment with a focus on the following technologies:
- Network based Firewall/UTM (Virtual or HW based) from Fortinet, Juniper, Cisco, Palo Alto etc.
- Virtual Server ? Vmware/HyperV operating systems/VSwitch VMWare
- L2/L3LAN based switching (Cisco, HP, Juniper etc.)
- L3 based routing protocols including OSPF, BGP, etc.
- Wireless LANtechnologies including Cisco, Juniper, HP, etc.
- WAN design and troubleshooting (MPLS, Point to Point)
- Significant TCP/IP protocol experience
- Telecommunications circuits for both WAN and PSTN/Dial-Tone (PRI, SIP etc.)
- Structured Cabling, Copper, Fiber, and basic Layer-1 design
- Proficient in tasks such as analyzing log files, WireShark trace files and configuration validation/comparison-troubleshooting
- Familiarity with web-based technologies, including but not limited to, reverse proxy servers, SSL certificate configuration, three-tier architecture
- Proven ability to multi-task
- Independent, self-starter
- Ability to effectively communicate (verbal and written correspondence) in a professional and courteous manner with technical and non-technical personnel
- The ability to travelinternationally
- Industry recognized technical certification from Cisco, Juniper, HP etc.
*Candidates must be local and have authorization to work in the U.S. for any employer. No third parties.