The primary purpose for this position is for design and integration of network based solutions to the client. This position may also provide pre-sales support, customer support and direct quality assurance for all projects assigned.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
• Works with Sales staff to provide clientele with detailed discussions on Cisco Collaboration products.
• Coordinates with technical staff from other practices to continually improve our delivery methodology and share best practices and lessons learned.
• Installs, maintains, upgrades, and troubleshoots Cisco Collaboration Suite of products, CUCM, UCxN, UCCX, Jabber, Spark, Expressway in addition to enterprise-level Cisco route/switch and Security solutions
• Designs, architects and troubleshoots Cisco collaboration infrastructure solutions Transfers technical skills and knowledge to client
• Acts as project lead for Cisco collaboration installations, drives project implementations and facilitates effective communications to customer and project team.
• Provides research, problem solving, technical support, and general maintenance of client relationship
• Manages solution Quality Assurance (QA) tasks for all projects delivered against assigned project deliverables
• Provides project coordination duties for assigned projects to include providing detailed implementation/migration planning to client, knowing and meeting client timetable, coordinating vendor installations, etc. Facilitates communication between product team members. Proactively monitors and reports status of project efforts, anticipates, and identifies issues that inhibit the attainment of project goals and implements corrective actions
• Develops and reviews advanced technical manuals for standard install processes that are directly related to specialization and discipline on the job as needed
• Develops and reviews project scope to include work services estimate, services, resource assignments and allocations, and statements of work for assigned projects
• Applies business development skills to identify potential sales leads and opportunities and communicate discovered opportunities to the regional sales team.
Requirements Position Requirements
• Bachelor’s degree in Telecommunications, Engineering, Computer Science, or Management Information Systems
• At least three (3) years of hands-on experience with core route/switch networking solutions
• At least three (3) years of hands on Data Center, Nexus (2k, 5k, 7k, NX-OS) experience
Other Position Requirements
• Demonstrated knowledge of various types of network infrastructure components
• Demonstrated knowledge of various WAN technologies to include analog and digital circuits
• Experience designing, architecting, planning and implementing routing, switching and data center solutions and strategies.
• Experience with protocol stack that includes advanced skills in layer 2/3.
• Demonstrated LAN/WAN design with extensive troubleshooting capabilities.
• Demonstrated ability to perform base network installation and configuration services
• Demonstrated knowledge of vendor supplied brands such as Cisco and F5
• Demonstrated communication and presentation skills
• Demonstrated ability to work under minimal supervision, independently and/or as a member of a project team
• Demonstrated ability to multitask and to prioritize workload under tight deadlines in a fast-paced environment
• Demonstrated organizational, time-management, problem-solving, and follow-up skills
• Demonstrated ability to perform technical skills/knowledge transfer to client
• Consulting experience
• Knowledge of project estimation and scoping
• Cisco Wireless experience.
• At least three (3) years designing and implementing Data Center related solutions with Servers (Blade servers, x86, Cisco UCS), OS Support (Windows, Linux and VMWare)
• Security experience with firewall such as Cisco ASA, Palo Alto, SourceFire
• Experience with Cisco’s Identity Services Engine (ISE)
• F5 experience
• One or more of the following Cisco certifications:
o CCNP / CCDP
o CCNA Wireless / Security Cisco Certified Networking Professional (CCNP) or higher-level Cisco certification.
o Cisco Certified Design Professional (CCDP) or higher-level Cisco certification.
o CCIE R/S, CCIE Data Center certification