ManTech is seeking an experienced Senior Network Engineer in Washington, DC supporting the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS).
Responsibilities include providing support and operation of network and security components which include routers, switches, firewalls, load balancers, wireless devices, data centers, and cloud services in both a Greenfield and brownfield infrastructure. The successful candidate will support multiple networks that operate 24 hours a day 365 days a year requiring 99.99995% uptime. Normal business hours are between 6 a.m. and 6 p.m. Eastern Time. Daily duties include managing the USCIS network and security devices which include and are not limited to the following:
- Cisco ASA
- Cisco Security Manger
- Cisco routers/switches/firewalls
- IPS/IDS modules
- Cisco ISE
- Amazon Cloud
- Data center infrastructure
- Network Enclaves
- Xceedium Gatekeeper
- Cisco Prime
- Two Factor Authentication
- Identity and Biometric tools
- Azure Cloud
- Troubleshooting Tier 3 & 4 level issues for LAN/WAN networks.
- Troubleshooting Enclaves.
- Working on Change Requests, Incidents, Work Orders.
- Resolving Emergency Break Fix problems.
- Ability to work in ServiceNow, and use this tool effectively to work.
- Understanding the work flows to expedite and provide operations support.
- Collaborate with multiple teams for resolving issues.
- Maintain documentation for all network infrastructure changes and process flows:
- Document all processes and procedures
- Post documents to EID SharePoint site
- Serve as the technical expert for network infrastructure, security tools, appliances, and services.
- Collaborate with Network Architecture & Engineering teams to recommend solid well thought out solutions.
- Responsible for mentoring junior staff and expanding their skill set.
- Responsible for leading CIRT calls and outage resolutions.
Requires Bachelor’s degree (in Computer Science, Engineering, Economics or Math) or equivalent, and ten to twelve years of related (telecommunication analysis) experience.