The role is to provide system administration to support DLA NTS for the Wide Area Network (WAN) 24x7x365 days per year on a shift schedule. The candidate will administer management solutions to ensure effective daily operations and to resolve problems as they arise. The candidate will be expected to maintain complex applications involving all phases of telecommunications network design, implementation, and analysis. Must have experience in managing the evaluation and cost estimation of voice and data WAN services from telecommunications carriers, designing access and backbone networks using carrier services, or in managing the analysis and design of wireless voice or data networks. Provides technical and administrative direction for personnel responsible for telecommunications network design, implementation, and operations tasks, including the review of work products for correctness, adherence to the design concept and to user standards and progress in accordance with schedules. Candidate will make recommendations for approval of major network installations. Candidate will be required to assist with the preparedness for milestone status reports, and deliveries/ presentations on network progress to colleagues, subordinates, and end user representatives.
RequiredExperience and Skills: The contractor shall have specific knowledge and experience with the following network protocols:
- Support network monitoring tools not limited to but including Hewlett Packard Enterprise Open view, Network Automation, Network Node Manager, Concord eHealth, Solar Winds, and I including commands, scripts and utilities.
- Installing, configuring and maintaining networking hardware and software for a DoD Agency Enterprise NetworkInfrastructure to include:
- Overall topology (DISN interconnection points, site-to-site routing, etc.).
- Layer three design: Routing, Multiprotocol Label Switching (MLS), Virtual Private Networking (VPN).
- Operational Information: node addressing, server addressing (if changes are required).
- QoS (Quality of Service)
- Switchport level access controls and notification.
- Streaming video (IP) protocols.
- IPv6 assessment and integration plan.
- 802.1x – protocols and appliances
- Domain Name System/Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol/IP Access Management (DNS/DHCP/IPAM) appliances
- F5 BigIP Proxy/traffic management appliances
- Pulse Secure Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) VPN appliances
- Troubleshooting, administering, configuring and maintaining the following:
- Brocade, and/or Cisco network hardware and software.
- INFOBLOX Grid Manager
- Pulse Secure IC Series Unified Access Control Appliance
- Great Bay Beacon Server
- F5 BigIP Appliance
- Pulse Secure SSL VPN Appliance
- Network sniffer technologies, including NetScout InfiniStream and nGeniusOne.
- Network Management Software, including HPE Network Automation (NA), HPE Network Node Manager (NMNi), Concord eHealth, RedSeal, Solarwinds/Orion, SecureCRT
- Open Systems Interconnection model (OSI model) Layers 1-7 Network Protocols, including IPv6 and IPv4 (TCP, UDP, ICMP, IGMP, ARP, AH, ESP, VRRP, BGP, MPLS, OSPF)
- IEEE Standards: 802.1x, 802.3, 802.11
- Authentication, Authorization, and Accounting Protocols, including TACACS+ and RADIUS
Required Clearance and IAT Requirements:
- One of the following: BCNE, BCNP, CCNA, CCNP, CCSE NGX, CCIE, CCSP, SCNA, CCSE NGX Plus NG with AI, CCMSE NG with AI, CSMSE NG with AI Plus VSX, NSA, ESE, ECIE-C, CCDA.
- One of the following IAT-II Certifications:
- Top Secret Clearance or a Secret with IT-1 (SSBI)
- Must possess an advanced degree in electrical, electronics, or systems engineering with at least 8years of experience OR
- BS degree in a related field with 10 years’ experience in Information Systems/software engineering OR
- Ph.D may be substituted for two years’ experience