The Senior Network Engineer will provide technical leadership in the planning, investigation, design, and implementation of physical and logical communications solutions having network-wide impact. The Network Engineer shall perform the following duties:
- Determine user requirements and design specifications for networks
- Monitor networks to ensure network availability to system users
- Perform necessary maintenance to support network availability
- Plan, schedule and conduct the installation of new or modified hardware and associated operating systems, and software applications
- Design and conduct tests and evaluations of networks. Analyze and organize the corresponding hardware and software combined solutions through network modeling and planning
- Perform system-level design and configuration of products including determination of hardware, operating system, and other platform specifications
- Evaluate new networktechnologies and make recommendations to project managers regarding integration of these technologies into the existing network
- Plan new network configurations and integration into existing networks to maintain optimal performance
- Provide solutions that incorporate concepts across engineering disciplines and environments
- Influence team members, the customer, and vendors to define, analyze, and provide solutions for the customer's voice, data, and image communications requirements
- Prepare complex work prints and schematics to define and illustrate entire network structures and solutions
- Identify and recommend new design tools for use in communications projects.
- Evaluate projected network usage to provide and implement solutions
- Participate in and influence marketing proposals and studies by providing costing models, reports, and technical solutions for network-wide projects
- Identify product modifications and incorporate these changes into work products.
- Plan, design, and implement network management systems to monitor, diagnose, control, and measure performance of multiple communication networks.
- Identify, analyze, and recommend new network administrative systems for entire networks to ensure accurate networkinventory and timely implementation.
The will also establish network information requirements using analysis in the development of custom networking infrastructure solutions. Designs architectures to include the software, hardware and communications to support the total requirements as well as provide for present and future cross functional requirements and interfaces. Ensure that the network/transport layers of the common operating environment are compliant. Evaluates analytically and systematically problems of work flows and network usage, organization and planning and develops appropriate corrective action, as well as provides daily supervision and direction to the staff.