Northland Communications is a nationally-recognized organization specializing in providing a variety of quality communication services that meet the needs of consumers and businesses located in smaller communities. We are seeking an assertive, goal orientated individual with the charisma and an exceptional aptitude to build and foster relationships through a team environment. Bring your business skills and we will provide an industry career path, surrounded and supported by our seasoned-professional staff and management. This individual will join our team in the position of:
This individual will establish and maintain network performance by building network configurations and connections and troubleshooting network problems. It reports to the Vice President of Technology and Engineering.
- Establishing networking environment by designing system configuration; directing system installation; defining, documenting, and enforcing system standards.
- Maximizing network performance by monitoring performance; troubleshooting network problems and outages; scheduling upgrades; collaborating with network architects on network optimization.
- Monitoring system resource utilization, trending, and capacity planning.
- Working within established configuration and change management policies to ensure awareness, approval and success of changes made to the network infrastructure.
- Reporting network operational status by gathering, prioritizing information; managing projects.
- Maintaining consistent records and documentation of tests and certifications.
- Coordinating with vendors and local Northland staff for problem resolution.
- Maintaining network security through proper configuration of VPN and Firewalls.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Bachelor's degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, or a related field or equivalent experience.
- Minimum of 5 years' experience in networking and IT including network design and implementation, network troubleshooting, network hardware configuration and network performance tuning.
- Excellent writing, communication, time management and organizational skills.
- Project management experience.
- Availability in response to needs of the local staff and customer for installation, maintenance and equipment malfunctions
- Knowledge and ability to demonstrate good project management skills
- Strong problem-solving and troubleshooting skills
- Technical and operational support knowledge in various communications products
- Must hold a valid driver's license and possess reliable transportation with the ability to travel throughout the region on a regular basis.