Great people make Schneider Electric a great company.
What do you get to do in this position?
The Network Engineer’s role is to ensure the stability and integrity of a high availability networkinfrastructure to provide maximum performance in support of the business. This includes in-house voice, data, video, and wireless network services. Responsibilities include planning, designing, and developing local area networks (LANs) and wide area networks (WANs) across the organization. In addition, the Network Engineer will participate with the installation, monitoring, maintenance, support, and optimization of all network hardware, software, and communication links. This individual will also analyze and resolve network hardware and software problems in a timely and accurate fashion, and provide end user training.
Strategy & Planning
- · Collaborate with department heads to assess near- and long-term network capacity needs and recommend measures to meet those requirements.
- · Conduct network modeling and analysis to construct a secure, reliable, high-performance integrated network.
- · Create and maintain documentation as it relates to network configuration, network mapping, processes, and service records.
- · Develop, implement and maintain policies, procedures, and associated training plans for network administration, usage, and disaster recovery.
Acquisition & Deployment
- · Deploy enterprise LANs, WANs, and wireless networks, including servers, routers, switches, UPSs, and other hardware.
- · Implement and maintain on-premise virtualization infrastructure and cloud Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS).
- · Oversee new and existing equipment, hardware, and software upgrades.
- · Interact with vendors, outsourcers, and contractors to secure network products and services.
- · Implement, and maintain VOIP phone system.
- · Implement, and maintain Audio/Video systems.
- · Configure networks to ensure their smooth and reliable operation for fulfilling business objectives and processes.
- · Monitor network performance and troubleshoot problem areas as needed.
- · Ensure network connectivity of all servers, workstations, telephony equipment and other network appliances.
- · Practice networkasset management, including maintenance of network component inventory and related documentation and technical specifications information.
- · Monitor and test network performance and provide network performance statistics and reports.
- · Participate in managing all networksecurity solutions.
- · Perform server and securityaudits, and system backups and recovery.
- · Provide timely implementation and support services for global infrastructure projects/systems to meet business objectives.
This job might be for you if:
Knowledge & Experience
- · Proven experience and success with LAN, WAN, WLAN, and WWAN design, implementation and operation in a multi-site enterprise business and data center environment.
- · Proven experience with network capacity planning, networksecurity principles, and general network management best practices.
- · Strong knowledge and proven experience with Firewall Security operating in a multi-site enterprise business, both at the perimeter and internal.
- · Demonstrable project management experience from specification to implementation.
- · Proven experience with VOIP phone systems.
- · Excellent troubleshootingexperience.
- · Competence with testing and diagnostic tools and procedures for voice and data circuits.
- · Good understanding of the organization’s goals and objectives.
- · Knowledge of applicable data privacy practices and laws.
- · Strong interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills.
- · Able to conduct research into networking issues and products as required.
- · Ability to present ideas in user-friendly language.
- · Highly self-motivated and directed, with keen attention to detail.
Networking: LAN/WAN/SAN, TCP/IP, Routing and Switching, Enterprise Wireless.
Desirable experience: Cisco, BGP, OSPF, EIGRP, QoS, Enterprise Wireless (Cisco / Cisco Meraki preferred), WAN Acceleration/ (SD-WAN preferred), Network monitoring and troubleshooting tools.
Security: Firewalls Administration, VPNs - Site-to-site and Remote Access, Cloud Security, Security Best Practices, Incident Response, RCA.
Desirable experience: Checkpoint, Cisco ASA.
Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Information Technology, or Computer Science and 4 years of related experience.
Cisco Certified Networking Professional (CCNP)
Cisco Certified Security Professional (CCSP)
Checkpoint Certified Security Engineer (CCSE)
Microsoft Certified IT Professional (MCITP)
VMware Certified Professional – Data Center Virtualization (VCP-DCV)