- Responsible for the acquisition, installation, maintenance, and usage of Government Enterprise networks.
- Manages network performance and maintains network security.
- Ensures that security procedures are implemented and enforced.
- Installs all network software. Evaluates, develops and maintains telecommunications systems.
- Troubleshoots network problems.
- Establishes and implements network policies, procedures, and standards and ensures their conformance with information systems and organization objectives.
- The successful candidate must have a deep technical understanding of monitoring systems, network architecture and design, systems design as well as superior knowledge of Technical Operations process and procedures.
- Devises solutions to operational problems within the capacity and operational limitations of installed equipment.
- May develop and execute contingency plans for network related hardware failures including isolated and major outages.
- Monitors and controls the performance and status of the network resources.
- Bachelors and five (5) years or more experience; additional experience may be considered in lieu of a degree.
- Candidate must be eligible to obtain a US “Public Trust” clearance.
- Must be able to work Sunday - Wednesday, (11 AM - 10 PM MT)
- Experience providing engineering and operations of Cisco routers and switches and Juniper Switches. Management of routers and switches; solid understanding of routing protocols and network management.
- Experience supporting government customers in secure environments, familiarity of Federal Information Security Management Act (FISMA) operating standards and applicable guidelines.
- Experience with performing root cause analysis, risk identification, and risk mitigation
- Active Cisco CCNA Certification or highly desired.
- Experience in some of the following: WAN Acceleration technologies, Load Balancers, IP Networking, VPN, F5 load balancers, Riverbed SteelFusion, network acceleration, DNS, DHCP, VoIP, video streaming, power management, Cisco Prime, SolarWinds Orion, Cisco Unified Call Manager, back-office applications, scripting.