A Career at Rheem: Where Comfort Is Your Calling
At Rheem, we’re dedicated to bringing comfort to people’s lives. And, as a leading global manufacturer of heating, cooling and water heating equipment, we’re innovating all-new ways to deliver just the right temperature while saving energy, water and supporting a more sustainable future. It’s an exciting challenge that requires a team of talented, passionate people with a diverse set of skills. From engineers to accountants, sales professionals to support experts, Rheem depends on people to power our innovations. Join Rheem, and help shape the future of products that impact people’s lives—every day.
The Senior Network Engineer’s responsibility is to assist in the architecture, design, implementation, maintenance, and support of network, infrastructure, and networksecurity technical solutions. The Engineer will work closely with IT Management to identify, recommend, develop, implement, and support cost-effective technology solutions. The focus of this role is on Networktechnologies.
Network Engineer / Network Architect Functions (To perform within this position successfully, the incumbent must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Other duties may be assigned.)
- Acts as a resource to architect, design, configure, install, support, and maintain standard network systems, server hardware, software, and peripherals in both a virtual and non-virtual environment
- Install, configure and set up new network, server, and PC hardware
- A primary resource to assist in the design, configuration, installation, support, and maintenance of Network equipment and infrastructuretechnologies
- Install, configure, and upgrade software related to networking and infrastructuretechnologies
- Builds patch compliance reports and provides regular status updates to the Security team
- Responsible for the Maintenance and support of the WAN, LAN, and WiFi solutions, and Security.
- Project team member during the implementation of changes, upgrades, and new solutions
- Performs troubleshooting or assists other staff as needed on troubleshooting the technical problems associated with Servers, Hardware, Network Connectivity, and Data/Voice Latency and performance
- Assist in the monitoring and event management of Network & Infrastructure equipment, circuits, bandwidth, and other related resources
- Assists in the maintenance and support of Linux and Windows Servers and Systems
- Assists in the maintenance and support of VMWare and SAN technologies
- Handles assigned tasks related to Network equipment procurement, documentation, reporting, etc...
- Assists management in the control, establishment, and enforcement of security for network and infrastructuretechnology, desktops, and end-users
- Work after hours as necessary to minimize business interruptions (system outages, troubleshooting, system upgrades, etc.) and provide non-business hour support (both remote and onsite)
- Handles other duties as assigned
Supervisory Responsibilities: None
Basic Qualifications (The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or ability required and preferred for this position.)
Required Education & Experience:
- Coursework or equivalent experience in an information technology or computer related curriculum.
- Minimum 5 year’s experience as a Network Engineer, Systems Engineer, or other position of equal grade in an IT Department.
Required Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- Advanced knowledge and experience with Network concepts and technologies
- 5+ years advanced knowledge with Cisco Routers and Switches
- 5+ Years working knowledge of Cisco Core Nexus Switches
- 5+ Years advanced knowledge with Cisco Firewalls, IPS, and security solutions
- 5+ Years advanced knowledge with Load Balancer Technologies (Citrix Netscaler preferred)
- Advanced knowledge of Solar Winds or other tool/sets for Management and Monitoring of Network resources
- 5+ years working knowledge of basic computer cabling (parallel, serial, Ethernet, voice, etc.).
- 5+ years working knowledge of Ethernetnetworking (TCP/IP, DNS, switching) and a minimum of 5+ yearexperience with routing and internet technologies
- 5+ years working experiencetroubleshooting hardware and software problems with vendor support staff
- At least 5 years hands-on working knowledge of Microsoft Windows server operating systems and a minimum of 3 years working with Server 2012
- At least 7 years hands-on working knowledge of Microsoft Windows desktop operating systems
- Strong user skills with Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint)
- Strong written and verbal communications skills
- Ability to work after hours (system upgrades, troubleshooting, etc.)
- Ability to provide non-business hour support (remote and onsite) and a rotating "on call" schedule within the Network Group
- Ability to travel on company-related business (other Rheem locations, conferences, training, etc.) with short notice
Preferred Education, Experience, Skills & Abilities:
- Associate or Bachelordegree in related field
- VMWare ESX
- Project management training
- Unix Administration / Engineer Experience
- Expert Linux Administration / Engineer Experience
- SAN Administration (NetAPP, ExaData).