The Network Engineer will implement, maintain, and support the DoD network infrastructure as part of a team that is responsible for designing and developing scalable, maintainable, highly available network architectures that meet business objectives and SLAs.
- Configure and install various network devices and services (e.g., routers, switches, firewalls, load balancers, VPN, QoS)
- Perform network maintenance and system upgrades including service packs, patches, hot fixes and security configurations
- Monitor performance and ensure system availability and reliability
- Monitor system resource utilization, trending, and capacity planning
- Provide Level-2/3 support and troubleshooting to resolve issues
- Work within established configuration and change management policies to ensure awareness, approval and success of changes made to the network infrastructure
- Select and implement security tools, policies, and procedures in conjunction with the DoD security team
- Liaise with vendors and other IT personnel for problem resolution
Knowledge and skills:
- DoD 8570 certification (Security+ and Operating System certification).
- At least 3 years of proven hands-on network engineering experience
- CCNP or higher (CCIE and/or CISSP highly valued)
- Deep understanding of networking protocols (e.g., IPSEC, HSRP, BGP, OSPF, 802.11, QoS)
- Solid understanding of the OSI or TCP/IP model
- Hands-on experience with monitoring, network diagnostic and network analytics tools
Education and Work Experience:
- Bachelors' degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Information Technology, or related discipline or equivalent systems and work experience. Additional relevant experience may be considered in lieu of a degree.
- Must be a US Citizen
- Candidates MUST have or be eligible to obtain an ADPII clearance for consideration
Location: San Diego, CA