As the Network Engineer, you will maintain University data network functionality at optimum performance with minimal disruptions of service as well as plan and design implementation to install network switching and routing equipment. You will also utilize network monitoring tools to analyze usage trends and forecast potential problems. Additionally, you will identify, determine problem resolution and repair network outages and malfunctioning network equipment. Finally, you will communicate outage and maintenance notifications.
- Bachelor's degree.
- At least two years of experience with large, switched IP networks.
- Consideration will be given to an equivalent combination of related education and required work experience.
- Experience with Cisco products.
- Knowledge of Cisco IOS and wireless networks.
- Ability to problem solve as necessary.
- Ability to analyze network events as they occur and recommend appropriate course of action.
- Ability to work independently and on a team with a wide variety of people and problems in a constructive manner.
- A valid US or Canadian driver’s license is necessary for employment in this position.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule with a scheduled on call after hours rotation.
- Ability to lift and carry 10-25 pounds frequently and 40 pounds occasionally.
- Degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or Information Technology field.
- Experience in Higher Education.
- Experience with 802.11 wireless network services.