$80K — $100K *
Working in Northrop Grumman Defense Systems means making a direct contribution to mission projects that keep our homeland safe, expanding the boundaries of possibility, and reshaping the world we live in. If you’re looking for challenging work experiences with a bigger purpose and desire to learn in a collaborative environment, we invite you to look for the next step in your career at Northrop Grumman.
Northrop Grumman Defense Systems is seeking a qualified Principal Network Engineer for an established program that provides secure DoD communications around the world. The position may require travel to Mobility Air Force (MAF) sites both CONUS and OCONUS. The position is located in Orlando, FL. What You’ll get to Do: The Network Engineer / Principal Network Engineer will be responsible for configuration, administration, maintenance, and sustainment of MAF program networks. Candidate may be required to travel to remote MAF site locations to perform network installations in accordance with Program configuration management processes, independently perform troubleshooting. The preferred candidate will be a network engineer with hands-on experience and knowledge of network architecture design, development and testing methodologies. Specific technical skills desired include: • A solid understanding of the OSI Model, TCP/IP, routing protocols BGP and OSPF. • Hands on experience. • Experience in UDP multicast, CDS, BGP, IGMP, PIM, VLANs, GRE Tunnels, and TCP/IP network designs desired. • Industry vendor certifications from Cisco (CCNA, CCNP, CCSP) or Juniper (JNCIA, JNCIS, JNCIP, JNCIE) are a plus. This requisition may be filled at a higher grade based on qualifications listed below. NGLinkedDS
This requisition may be filled at either a level 2 or a level 3. BQs for a Principal Network Engineer are Bachelors of Science degree with 5 years of applicable experience; 3 years with MS; 0 years with PhD. 4 additional years of experience may be considered in lieu of a college degree.
BQs for a Network Engineer are Bachelors of Science degree and 2 years of applicable experience; 0 Years experience with Masters Degree. 4 additional years of experience may be considered in lieu of a college degree.
• Active Secret security clearance.
• Must possess a DoD 8570 certification at IAT Level I or higher (Security+, GSEC, SSCP, CISSP, CISA, CCNA-Security).
• Strong troubleshooting skills involving diagnosing and resolving hardware, software, and other network and system problems while maximizing performance.
• Experience developing and updating internal documentation for projects and network engineering functions.
• Demonstrated knowledge of LAN/WAN configuration and security strategies.
• Experience configuring, installing, and supporting network equipment such as routers, switches, and firewalls, maximizing network efficiency and security.
• Knowledge of the Risk Management Framework (RMF) and applying Secure Technical Implementation Guides (STIGs) to network equipment.
• Very knowledgeable with DISA STIG implementation and standards on networking devices.
• Ability to travel up to 25% as needed.
• Experience with protocol analyzers/sniffers such as Wireshark
• Experience in authentication & encryption methods/capabilities (TACACS+, Active Directory, GEM-X)
• Experience in virtualization technologies such as VMware, vCenter, or vSphere • Cisco Certification a plus (CCNA, CCNP)
* The ability to work individually or collaboratively in a team environment, as well as independently at times, in a fast-paced environment.
Valid through: 9/23/2020
$80K — $90K
5 days ago