Albertsons-Safeway Company is one of the largest food and drug retailers with2,300+ stores. The Albertsons-Safeway family of brands includes some of themost prominent brands in food retailing, with a growing base of loyal shoppers. Thanks to the professionalism, diversity, spirit and friendliness of our people, we have locations across the U.S.
The Information Technology Department has an opening for a Network Engineer. This position is located in Phoenix, Arizona.
To provide network engineering service (network engineering and L3 support) for Data Center.
Key Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Deliver network solutions for business applications and infrastructure technology.
- Lead the development and deployment of communication (data/video) solution, including integration testing.
- Develop turn-over documentation for handing off to Operations teams.
- Design, deploy, maintain, and improve wired, wireless, and cloud networks.
- Manage the infrastructure in accordance with established operational practices.
- Develop configuration management capabilities and documentation practices.
- Develop and maintain configuration standards.
- Manage multiple high-priority, high-pressure projects.
- Act as point of escalation for network related support cases.
- Implement fault-tolerance across all critical networked environments.
- Integrate networks with Public Cloud providers (e.g., AWS/Azure) using transit VPC, IPSec and other Secure Cloud Interconnects.
- Lead the design and implementation of Enterprise solutions focused in theareas of network and data center technologies.
- Create the governing principles around network architecture across theorganization.
- Define the network architectural standard processes and procedures.
- Design, test, implement, and support network infrastructure.
- Provide consultation and direct technical support in life cycle planning, problem management, integration, and network configuration.
- Project planning and designing scalable network infrastructure solutions tomeet business requirements for a reliable network (includes detailing current and future requirements, planning analysis, project design, cost and personnel resource estimation for project implementation).
- Ensure network performance and availability meets enterprise objectives for timely service restoration and tuning.
- Network engineering and L3 support
- Four (4) years of experience leading the development and deployment ofnetwork communication (data/video) solution, including integration testing.
- Four (4) years of experience designing, deploying, maintaining, and improving wired, wireless, and cloud networks.
- Four (4) years of experience with network operating systems, including Cisco IOS and NxOS.
- Four (4) year of experience with LAN/WAN architecture and implementation for large enterprise networks (10,000 plus devices).
- Three (3) years of experience creating and delivering detailed technical presentations of network solutions to Senior/Executive level Management.
- Four (4) years of experience with Layer 2 and Layer 3 advanced protocols.
- Four (4) years' experience with Checkpoint and ASA Design Engineering and L4 troubleshooting.
- Four (4) years' experience with VM Ware NSX,
- Four (4) years' experience with BGP, OSPF, VSS, VPC and DLSW protocols.
- Four (4) years' experience with SD-WAN Design and implementation.
- Network technical area certifications, including CISCO.
- Cisco LAN/WAN technologies (Routing & Switching)
- Cloud Solution Deployments (Azure, Google Cloud)
- Aruba/Cisco/Meraki Wireless technologies
- MPLS technologies
- VoIP technologies
Additional Preferred Skills:
- ClearPass, Checkpoint, ASA, SD-x
Diversity is fundamental at Albertsons-Safeway. We foster an inclusive working environment where the different strengths and perspectives of each employee is both recognized and valued. We believe that building successful relationships withour customers and our communities is only possible through the diversity of our people. A diverse workforce leads to better teamwork and creative thinking, as well as mutual understanding and respect.
The Albertsons-Safeway policy is to provide employment, training, compensation, promotion and other conditions of employment without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, medical condition, marital status or any other legally protected status.
We support a drug-free workplace -- all applicants offered a position are required topass a pre-employment drug test before they are hired.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER