We are looking for a dynamic individual to join our infrastructure team as Network Engineer. The position we’re seeking a great fit for will leverage advanced knowledge of enterprise network information systems to deliver state of the art capabilities in support of a secure, stable, and high-performance environment. The candidate will manage day-to-day operations of the data center and remote locations, including hardware, software, and advanced network support, working closely with IT leadership to ensure quality and adherence to standards.
- Coordinate planning, configuration, and installation of routers and networking equipment in Wide Area Network.
- Provides escalated level support to other IT staff members
- Manages network monitoring devices including Solarwinds Orion, Lancope Stealthwatch, Cisco Prime Infrastructure, Ubiquiti AirControl, and intrusion prevention devices
- Diagnoses, troubleshoots, and resolves LAN/WAN performance problems and bottlenecks, to include optimization of network traffic with prioritization (QoS/CoS).
- Assist in defining and refining Cisco ASA firewalls, VPN concentrators, and VPN policies
- Manage and configure Cisco WSA web filters
- Development and support of network intrusion detection and prevention strategies
- Responsible for internal security procedures and assessing securityrisks
- Recommends procedures, policies, and standards to insure LAN/WAN is secure and recovery procedures are maximized.
- Maintain documentation of networkdesign, procedural manuals, and drawings
- Coordinate and facilitate connectivity with other Oldcastle groups
- Position will report to the Director of Infrastructure
- Support Hardware: Cisco routers, Catalyst switches, Nexus switches, ASA with SourceFire, WSA, Meraki, wireless controllers, and access points; Ubiquiti wireless bridges; Shoretel; BIG-IP F5 Load Balancers
- Support and Configuration of Applications: Solarwinds Orion, Cisco Prime Infrastructure (NCS/WCS), Lancope StealthWatch, Cisco AnyConnect, Ubiquiti AirControl, VMware vSphere, Windows2008 R2 RADIUS
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent, Information Technologydegreepreferred
- 3+ years’ experience within IT engineering or administration disciplines
- 2+ years’ experience with Cisco routers and switches
- 2+ years’ experience working with enterprise security strategies
- 1+ years experience working with Nexus Data Center switches.
- Demonstrated understanding of LAN/WAN routing and switching, and ability to deploy, manage, and maintain according to best practices
- Experience managing high-availability network environments
- Experience with large IT environments preferred
- Experience working on large-scale IT related Projects
- Experience with BGP, EIGRP, prefix-lists, distribute lists
- Experience with VRFs
- Experience with enterprise VOIP communication systems desired, including Cisco CUBE and SIP
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Exceptional time management and organization skills
- Experience with Cisco ISE preferred
What Oldcastle Offers You
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development, and internal promotion
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs.
Job ID: 128171