$80K - $100K(Ladders Estimates)
Lansing, MI 48909
Industry: Business Services•
Less than 5 years
Posted 11 days ago
Req ID: 52472
At NTT DATA Services, we know that with the right people on board, anything is possible. The quality, integrity, and commitment of our employees are key factors in our company's growth, market presence and our ability to help our clients stay a step ahead of the competition. By hiring the best people and helping them grow both professionally and personally, we ensure a bright future for NTT DATA Services and for the people who work here.
NTT DATA Services currently seeks a Network Engineer to join our team in Lansing, Michigan (US-MI), United States (US).
Essential Job Duties & Responsibilities
Collaborates with the Senior Network Engineers and other team members to support operational initiatives and daily operations.
Provides network and solution engineering, under the direction of Senior Engineer's and Director.
Collaborates with other
technical teams and Information Security on new initiatives.
Responsible for running intermediate projects from start to finish in accordance with department processes.
Provides ideas for cost-effective ways to manage the network.
Sets the standards for the team in terms of network infrastructure code levels.
Develops and updates network operational standards.
Promotes advancement of automation and orchestration tools across the environment.
Troubleshoots and resolves complex network issues.
Creates team procedures based on lessons learned from troubleshooting incidents.
Participates in rotating on-call operational support.
• Operational experience with Cisco switch and router hardware (ASR 1000, Nexus 5K, 7K, 9K, Cisco IOS platforms).
• Experience with Network Automation and Orchestration (Ansible)
• Experience with Cloud Networking (AT&T Nebond, Equinix, MS Azure, AWS)
• Experience with Perl, Python, C++ or other programming languages.
• In-depth knowledge of LAN switch technology.
• In-depth knowledge of VPN technologies (Checkpoint, Cisco ASA/AnyConnect).
• In-depth knowledge of IPv4 and familiarity with IPv6.
• In-depth knowledge of routing protocols (OSPF, BGP).
• Knowledge and experience with QoS.
• knowledge and experience with Wireless technology (Cisco).
• Knowledge and experience with Firewall technology (Checkpoint or Cisco).
• Knowledge and experience with Layer 4-7 switching (F5).
• Knowledge and experience with DNS/DHCP and IP Address Mgt technologies (Infoblox).
• Direct experience with the following technologies: Cisco ASA/Checkpoint/Infoblox/F5 (Big IP)/Cisco ISE/VOIP technology (Cisco, Avaya)/DWDM technologies/Network Management tools config and ops (Solarwinds, Cisco NCS, Statseeker)
• In-depth traffic monitoring and analysis (Netscout, Wireshark, tcpdump, Gigamon).
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
• Strong project coordination skills.
• Strong relationship management and negotiation skills
• Strong verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills.
• Strong ability to interpret impact of technology decisions.
• Ability to make effective decisions quickly with limited information.
• ITIL working knowledge with Incident, Change, Problem management tools (BMC)
• Working experience with MS-Office applications (Word, Excel, Visio, PowerPoint)
Education and Experience
• Bachelor's degree in Computer science, Engineering or related technical field and/or equivalent experience.
• 3-5+ years of technical experience with the above qualifications.
• ITILV3 (preferred)
• CCNP (preferred)
• CISSP (preferred)
• CCNA (required)
About NTT DATA Services
NTT DATA Services partners with clients to navigate and simplify the modern complexities of business and technology, delivering the insights, solutions and outcomes that matter most. We deliver tangible business results by combining deep industry expertise with applied innovations in digital, cloud and automation across a comprehensive portfolio of consulting, applications, infrastructure and business process services.
Valid Through: 2019-11-3