As a Network Engineer you will assist in providing first level, on-site and remote network support including diagnosing, configuring and documenting assigned network problems in a highly available clinical environment for assigned site(s). You will also respond to network issues affecting clinical applications and participate on the Network Implementation Team.
- Performs first level diagnostic on-site and remote support for network problems and responds to issues affecting clinical applications.
- Configures network devices, including routers and switches in a highly available clinical environment.
- Racks and stacks network equipment and performs testing and tracing of network cables.
- Documents network changes and implementations.
- Works with Wide Area Network (WAN) and internet carriers during implementations and outages.
- High School Diploma or equivalent, required. Bachelor's Degree in a related technology, preferred.
- Minimum of two (2) years experience supporting Cisco and/or Jupiter network devices, required.
- Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA) or Cisco Certified Design Associate (CCDA) certification, required.
- Troubleshooting skills in a minimum of two (2)of the following network protocols: BGP, OSPF, EIGRP, DHCP, HSRP, VRRP, MPLS IEEE 802.1q, 802.3 or 802.1x, required.
- Experience implementing WAN/MAN technologies including: T1, DS3, OC3, OC12, OC48, OC192, Metro-Ethernet, DWDM and datacenter to datacenter (DC-DC) connections, required.
- Experience with internet connectivity and support, required.
- Experience isolating network cabling issues, required.
- Solid written and verbal communications, required.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Visio and Excel, required.
- Familiarity with Change Management Processes, experience with performance and capacity tools and understanding of Quality of Service (QoS), preferred.